Sterling attacker sentenced to 16 weeks for Racial Assault

Pretty sickening that he was subjected to this, and fair play that it didn’t affect his performance. Not sure how it was able to happen though? It sounds like it occurred at the CFA, but surely people can’t just walk up to players there?

On a separate note, thought this tweet from Jonathan Liew about the media’s role in this was pertinent:

If this happened at the CFA questions must surely be asked. How can anyone just hang about the entrance waiting for a player. Where was security, did this guy abuse Raheem and then casually stroll away. Is there CCTV available?

Pretty sickening that he was subjected to this, and fair play that it didn’t affect his performance. Not sure how it was able to happen though? It sounds like it occurred at the CFA, but surely people can’t just walk up to players there?

On a separate note, thought this tweet from Jonathan Liew about the media’s role in this was pertinent:

Makes a very good point although i doubt the assailant can actually read.

If this happened at the CFA questions must surely be asked. How can anyone just hang about the entrance waiting for a player. Where was security, did this guy abuse Raheem and then casually stroll away. Is there CCTV available?

From when i went about 2 season ago, people can wait by the gates but the players drive in and the gate opens for them without the players having to stop at all.
In the article it says someone was having a go at him, and that Raheem got out of his car to ask what his problem was :( I guess players will be told the obvious that in no circumstances should they ever get out of the car... but when someone winds you up that much i guess he felt he had to.

There was another incident recently where I thought “Where were the security team?”

Our security team insist on hotels with separate wings where possible and couldn’t get on the pitch fast enough after the QPR game. One of the guys was shielding Nasri like someone had just shot at him then pushed away a fan who was trying to talk to him. I thought then, and still do, that this was well over the top. Yet when there’s some real trouble they’re nowhere to be seen.

Edit: Just remembered what the other incident was. It was the derby post-match fracas, where my first thought was to question why one of the security team wasn’t guarding the changing room door. Surely, having won a derby against our bitterest rivals on their own patch, it occurred to them there might be the potential for trouble?

There was another incident recently (can’t remember what is was exactly) where I thought “Where were the security team?”

Our security team insist on hotels with separate wings where possible and couldn’t get on the pitch fast enough after the QPR game. One of the guys was shielding Nasri like someone had just shot at him then pushed away a fan who was trying to talk to him. I thought then, and still do, that this was well over the top. Yet when there’s some real trouble they’re nowhere to be seen.
Was it the home game before Spurs when some idiot ran on the pitch and was on it for about 30 seconds before anyone reacted. Think he ran into the penalty box just as we were going to take a corner and was asking for the ball. To be fair he was in plenty of space and unmarked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.