Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching this he reminds me a bit of fernandinho
I've watched 2-3 Ajax games with him. No, he's got nothing in common with Dinho, not physical/athletic enough. Can't see him playing as pivot in a tougher league. But he has qualities to be a great 8, the closest analogy is Modric. Besides remarkable spatial awareness, De Jong has a burst of pace that allows to shake off markers easily. Just watch the comp I posted above.
I’d be willing to plunk down €25M of Mansour’s money on that YouTube video!!!

Big lad, light in his feet, strength enough to hold off a challenge, and can find a pass. Holds onto the ball a bit much for Pep, but knows which way forward is, which is very helpful to the way we play!

Ok, €30M it is, but no more than €35M, OK?!
He's just agreed a new contract and isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
I've watched 2-3 Ajax games with him. No, he's got nothing in common with Dinho, not physical/athletic enough. Can't see him playing as pivot in a tougher league. But he has qualities to be a great 8, the closest analogy is Modric. Besides remarkable spatial awareness, De Jong has a burst of pace that allows to shake off markers easily. Just watch the comp I posted above.

He's just agreed a new contract and isn't going anywhere.
As good as he looks we have an abundance of attacking midfielders anyway plus Foden & Diaz coming through so it’s no great loss really.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=319660

Frenkie de Jong laughs: 'I've read it too, I'm not ready yet'

"Yes, there is a lot of interest, but I just renewed my contract here", emphasizes the midfielder in conversation with Ziggo Sport. "If I'm okay, I'll stay smooth with Ajax, so at the moment I'm only thinking about Ajax."

"I want to develop myself here, become a regular basic player, especially in the midfield, and then we will continue." De Jong laughed when he read about Manchester City's alleged interest. "I've read it too, haha, I do not think I'm ready to play at the base at Manchester City or something like that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.