U12's Prospect Cup Winners 2017 - where are they now? (P16)

The format was a little strange though, international teams against other international teams and USA against USA until the final. They should just put them all in together at the group stage and see how it plays out. The USA teams are still competitive at this age but it quickly wanes as the kids get older. Topic for another thread.
I guess it guarantees two American teams in the finals. Otherwise I doubt either would have made it.
That keeps the interest going and higher reporting in the USA which attracts the sponsors etc etc. No point the Olive Garden restaurant chain being seen by an audience in countries they don't operate in and no one in the country they are based.

I guess it guarantees two American teams in the finals. Otherwise I doubt either would have made it.
That keeps the interest going and higher reporting in the USA which attracts the sponsors etc etc. No point the Olive Garden restaurant chain being seen by an audience in countries they don't operate in and no one in the country they are based.
Good theory. Here’s hoping one day it won’t be necessary.

Good theory. Here’s hoping one day it won’t be necessary.
Yeah, it’s like the Ryder Cup and people hate that! ;)

Sockers FC is the Chicago team from up the road from me. BIG German community club. Many club teams in America are based around foreign enclaves. More Poles live in Chicago than Warsaw!! Played for a Lithuanian team and a Croatian team myself in my waning years. As you can imagine, the Serb - Croat games were “tasty.”

Glad to see a large INTERNATIONAL tournament like this in the States. Only serves to heighten our profile here, and winning it will only further help attract the young fans. Amazing to see so much City attire in the big sports stores here. Still not as big as the Whiny Neighbours, but growing.

The one pleasing thing about this tournament is the kids will be able to keep footage of the games for ever.
It still rankles me that no one at City, or even the rags, thought about filming the 1986 FA Youth Cup finals. There is absolutely no footage whatsoever of the two games which were only 31 years ago.......

Stuff like this makes you realise how far ahead of the Rags et al we are getting, not only were we the club that was representing England, but we won it, where are the junior Rags, Dippers, Tarquins etc... Greatest of times to be a Blue

Stuff like this makes you realise how far ahead of the Rags et al we are getting, not only were we the club that was representing England, but we won it, where are the junior Rags, Dippers, Tarquins etc... Greatest of times to be a Blue
United U12s beat City U12s 5-2...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.