Melbourne City FC Thread

Not much to look forward to. Team is plodding along and after 12 games it's pretty clear we can't win anything this season and our best hope is a top 4 finish and maybe a home final in week 1 and if we go on a good run maybe a 2nd or 3rd and an ACL spot.

So basically we haven't progressed at all in 3 seasons and the future doesn't seem that bright.

I can't see Joyce being the answer but just adding to our already mounting problems.

Not much to look forward to. Team is plodding along and after 12 games it's pretty clear we can't win anything this season and our best hope is a top 4 finish and maybe a home final in week 1 and if we go on a good run maybe a 2nd or 3rd and an ACL spot.

So basically we haven't progressed at all in 3 seasons and the future doesn't seem that bright.

I can't see Joyce being the answer but just adding to our already mounting problems.

Whoever chose Joyce as there manager should be shown the door because he didn’t do any research into the useless dog.

Are coaches included in the salary cap?
No.

The one area we have a clear advantage over the rest of the League is off the field. We have built an amazing training facility but since takeover have turned over dozens of assistants and now appointed Joyce.

I'm not advocating we sack Joyce but after 12 games I can't see us improving to where we all hope we should be.

Joyce doesn't seem a CFG type manager.
He doesn't. JVS fit the brief but Joyce is almost opposite. Very strange.

I still can't get over Fernando Brandan leaving and Kilkenny being frozen out and playing 2 centre backs as midfielders.

What's disappointing is that the team seemed to be making some progress but hasn't built on it. The club needs a coach who can take it forward but to me CFG seem to have appointed stopgaps.

Two good things he has done, organised our defensive structure and given young Atkinson a chance.
Bad is he totally has no clue about what we do once we get the ball, we had a throw in in our attacking third and he is screaming at players about how to press and defensive positioning???
Gets rid of, or closes out anyone with an ounce of creativity or technique (besides Atkinson, but he has shown he can defend a bit) and then replaces them with centre backs, I'm looking forward to the day when our XI are all center backs, it will make for some riveting football.
Plays Mauk who is a classic box 2 box as a number 10 and 9, he is there mostly as an advanced defender, he was leading the charts on tackles and intercepts for a while in the entire league so in Warren's mind, he is the perfect candidate to play forward....
Only makes one sub unless an injury happens, I get it to a point, but if players are underperforming or looking buggered, replace them FFS, we have Arzani who this year at 16 (now 17) played for the national U20's against the likes of Japan, but won't sub him on for 15 minutes against a tired defence, in what I can only perceive as Warren's logical thought process is that he shows to much technical and creative abilities can he defend as an attacking winger is the important question?
I can't understand the appointment, he is a rag, outside of youth coaching managed to get the supporters against him and the team relegated, defence minded, when a coach/s is the biggest difference in a capped league I don't understand it, or how it fits into the CFG philosophy?
Would have rathered local winning coaches who like proactive football, like I suggested at the start of the season, Damien Mori and Arthur Papas would have been probably cheaper and more ideal.
Joyce is starting to shit me to be honest and we are doing no better now than in previous seasons, playing ugly football.

Down 2:1 at halftime after some comical defending. Add that a missed penalty that could have levelled it at 2:2.

We are an absolute rabble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.