Samuel Umtiti

Who would your back 3 be? Stones, Otamendi, Umtiti? Mendy and Walker as Wingbacks?

To be honest I think we'd see a lot of 3-5-2 for the first season or two and once Otamendi is phased out I think we'd go back to playing more 4-3-3 with Stones and Umtiti as the CBs. While I'm not a huge fan of the 3-5-2 because of the fact that we have two very good wingers, but imagining us in that formation with Otamendi, Stones, and Umtiti as the CBs and Walker and Mendy as the wingbacks, that's about as good personnel as you can ask for in that formation.

I still think Umtiti is going to get a new contract, but the possible signings of Coutinho and another big name midfielder/attacker mean they might need some extra funds...

Last edited:
Crazy to think his release clause is 50 odd million but they set Thomas vermaelen’s at 80 million! What were the barca board thinking haha! Would love to get him at that price though a real rolls royce defender

Crazy to think his release clause is 50 odd million but they set Thomas vermaelen’s at 80 million! What were the barca board thinking haha! Would love to get him at that price though a real rolls royce defender

exactly even an agreement that sees him stay at Barcelona till next season is a bargain at that price.

Unless you feel the best option in the long run is elsewhere and might cost 50% more in 12 months time.

You don't do it irrespective, unless there is no choice.

Any cb we sign could be total shit on arrival here. It took Stones & Otamendi years to reach the level they are at now. Pep won't just drop one of them for the big games. You especially don't reward players who have been heroes for you, by dumplng them for the important games.

Any cb we sign in Jan will be used as 3rd or 4th choice this season barring injuries.

If they sign now, they will expect that.

Any cb we sign could be total shit on arrival here. It took Stones & Otamendi years to reach the level they are at now. Pep won't just drop one of them for the big games. You especially don't reward players who have been heroes for you, by dumplng them for the important games.

Any cb we sign in Jan will be used as 3rd or 4th choice this season barring injuries.

Don't fully agree with that.
with so many games I think we need 3 x 1st choice Centre Backs for rotation.
Currently we have Nico and Stones. Vinny cannot be relied upon and Mangala is not near a 1st choice, therefore any new CB has to be of the highest quality.
If Umtiti is available and as good as they say then we should buy. He will get his chance to be much more than a bench warmer.

This is too good to be true .. hes probably using us for a better contract like Laporte and Bonucci did! Especially that this is January not the summer! And hes a starter!

mmm dumplings :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.