Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

I like to think of Mourinho seeing Gundogan hold the ball up as he did, back to the goal and keep us ticking; who then drives like a mad man to Lukaku's house, boots his door down, scrags him and marches him to the TV "you see this, fucking do this, you fucking do it you useless shit, fucking midget here making you look a fool, ****". Then storms off xD
:)

That job is only for you is it?

You're more the putting words in other people's mouths police
You’re the one upset I think it’s shite football and decided to suggest it was arrogance or gooner like.

I couldn’t give a fuck what you think about it. Or anything.

You’re free to feel whatever you want. If you like the football Burnley play, great. If you don’t like it, also great. But you’ll be very disappointed if you think you’ll brow beat me into agreeing by saying I sound like a gooner.

I’ve not called anyone names because they enjoy different aspects of football. You have though.

It’s all relative though isn’t it.

Football price inflation dictates that a player 3% better than another nor goes for £20m/£30m/50m more.

There’s always been rich teams. City have spent no more now than other teams have in the past when football inflation is figured into the equation however the current modus operandi of many sides is a new phenomenon.

Teams didn’t park the bus and give away 78% possession ten years ago when Chelsea were running away with it now 19 years ago when united won the treble.

It’s crap for the fans to watch and promoted Pep to say the PL is the most defensive league he’s ever played in. The PL now also has one of the lowest goals per game of the top leagues when it always prided itself as being entertaining and that all teams ‘would have a go’.

As I say, Burnley are effective and are lunching above their weight and if you enjoy it then great, but it’s stoll shit football just as Pearce nearly drove away a mini generation of supporters with the crap he served up at home as well.

Newcastle set a whole new precedence 2 weeks ago.

It's like a virus and it's spreading through the league

Pep is responsible for it.

My hope is that this is the bit where it gets worse before it gets better.

I always felt Pep would change the physcology of this league and I still believe he will, for the better.

Although it does not relate directly to today's match,we are talking Burnley a team that currently sit 7th in the league,now whether that is by hook or by crook they are that team,so to be 7th means they are 7th best team in the league,there are 13 teams below them that would swap places with them for sure

It’s all relative though isn’t it.

Football price inflation dictates that a player 3% better than another nor goes for £20m/£30m/50m more.

There’s always been rich teams. City have spent no more now than other teams have in the past when football inflation is figured into the equation however the current modus operandi of many sides is a new phenomenon.

Teams didn’t park the bus and give away 78% possession ten years ago when Chelsea were running away with it now 19 years ago when united won the treble.

It’s crap for the fans to watch and promoted Pep to say the PL is the most defensive league he’s ever played in. The PL now also has one of the lowest goals per game of the top leagues when it always prided itself as being entertaining and that all teams ‘would have a go’.

As I say, Burnley are effective and are lunching above their weight and if you enjoy it then great, but it’s stoll shit football just as Pearce nearly drove away a mini generation of supporters with the crap he served up at home as well.
Guess its all opinions. Personally having watched Burnley quite a bit I think they play better football than you give them credit for, you would never see a Pulis team scored a 25 pass goal in an away match. Also unfair to call them 'anti-football' imo. What Newcastle did was anti football.

Either way im just happy we found a way to win today

You’re the one upset I think it’s shite football and decided to suggest it was arrogance or gooner like.

I couldn’t give a fuck what you think about it. Or anything.

You’re free to feel whatever you want. If you like the football Burnley play, great. If you don’t like it, also great. But you’ll be very disappointed if you think you’ll brow beat me into agreeing by saying I sound like a gooner.

Thanks for granting me freedom of thought/feel officer.

I don't find it entertaining, but I admire what they have achieved as a club. They tried the entertaining bit under Coyle and got relegated. Dyche has found a formula to suit him and his players, not pretty but meets their goals.

You don't have to agree but I feel the arrogance leaves a bitter taste and could be left out, just because we play pretty football

Nobody is disputing that Burnley are performing beyond expectation or that they don't have a right to play whichever way they choose.

The argument is simple. It's shite. It's anti football.
To be balanced you have to add perspective. They've come from the lower divisions.

Guess its all opinions. Personally having watched Burnley quite a bit I think they play better football than you give them credit for, you would never see a Pulis team scored a 25 pass goal in an away match. Also unfair to call them 'anti-football' imo. What Newcastle did was anti football.

Either way im just happy we found a way to win today
I don't think many fans pay too much attention to how Burnley play when they are not playing City. How they play against City, is probably influenced by tactics. I do think they will have a problem though when they try and transition from defensive football to a more open game. Playing like that takes you only so far.

hounding? pmsl im just replying to posts on a football forum

My point was in relation to a poster saying the golden rule to staying in the league is scoring loads of goals which is bollocks

I have to be honest though it does get grating listening to people on here constantly moan about teams 'parking the bus'. Like what the fuck do you expect them to do, our squad cost 600 million more than most other sides in the league.
It's still irritating as a fan but you as you say it's obvious why

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.