Manchester in the 1960s

Love the photo outside John Dalton college, it's got a mini estate in it (not the van!) which was my first ever car in 1980! Cost me £90 and was a pile of shite. The subframe was basically iron oxide, and it crabbed sideways as you drove it. It had sliding side windows, wires to open the doors, no radio, head restraints, seat belts or wing mirrors (not even optional extras!)

Loved it I did

Manchester-UK-1960s-7-768x508.jpg

Fabulous compared to now
They must have cleared the tramps and alckies out of the gardens before taking it!

I don't remember any joke shops, but as a kid in the 70s there must of been at least 4 pet shops on there.

Joke shop was near that ginell thing that brought you out to the buses on Oldham street.
A great place to use your stink bombs.
I remember shop windows full of birds that had all the feathers plucked off their necks by the bird sitting next to them.
Who remembers the "magic tap"?

I don't remember any joke shops, but as a kid in the 70s there must of been at least 4 pet shops on there.
The joke shop was burnt down in the 70's on Tib street other end of chippy row, always remember finding stink bombs and other things in the ashes...
Drinking shandy in Billy greens in your best clothes before whit walk.
Feeding Oscar's chips in the pet shop on Tib street
Sniffing knickers in TD's them were the days and yeah the Gardens in Piccadilly were better back then...

Bought a few of these as a kid from the joke shop:-)

images
Those were the days, jeez, when we used to sell tricks to put in your parents/grandparents/mates fags. There was a banger one and a fluffy one wasn’t there? I don’t remember the above tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.