Riga

blue b4 the moon

Anyone been?

Thinking of 4/5 days with some mates chill & watch some WC footie while out there in June in the local bars.

I went 12 years ago. I didn't feel particularly welcome and most/every bar seemed to want to rip us off

It was 12 years ago so it may have changed but I am not in a position to recommend it to you. Bratislava on the other hand, was brilliant

Rip you off in what sense? It seems to be table service in these places so if you order from a menu and keep tabs on what you had then you’ll be fine.

I’d love table service in Britain’s pubs. Imagine never having to queue at the bar again.

Beautiful city with beautiful people.

The locals will be formal and direct with you until you get to know them. Plenty of "Irish bars" which will have the football on it. There's also a Belgian beer quarter if you fancy it.

Black Balsam is the local drink. will blow your head off in a Riga Coffee.

Public transport is dirt cheap. As with other cities, the tourist drag is pricey but the back street pubs are more like home prices.

Beautiful city with beautiful people.

The locals will be formal and direct with you until you get to know them. Plenty of "Irish bars" which will have the football on it. There's also a Belgian beer quarter if you fancy it.

Black Balsam is the local drink. will blow your head off in a Riga Coffee.

Public transport is dirt cheap. As with other cities, the tourist drag is pricey but the back street pubs are more like home prices.
Sounds good as I expected. Cheers

Nice place. Small enough to walk around the city, and there's a beach about 20 minutes away by train.
It's beautiful and quiet during autumn. It was a nice chill out day away from the City and I met their famous giant turtle.

I went in October, it is really expensive at the minute like 5 euro a pint. Was freezing and throwing it down none stop, everyone is moody as per usual and the taxi driver nearly killed up but besides that it is a lovely place haha. Prefer Poland and Ukraine if I am honest.

Great place - went 2 years ago just before Christmas. It’s quite a small city and 4/5 days is probably too long to spend there IMO. Went along to watch Dynamo Riga play an ice hockey match in the KHL which was a right laugh as we were near their ultras.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.