Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will help that we already have a large Brazilian and Portuguese speaking contingent in the team.

In addition to the fact we're on course to finish up for them for the sixth time in seven seasons. Head and shoulders above for the rags imo.

Fred, Weigl & Fabinho seem to be the three main options for another CDM this summer

Change the topic name. Every time I see it "I'm, too sexy" starts to play in my head.

Did not read the entire thread but since i bet someone will say "why Brazilians named Fred these days"; his name is Frederico Rodrigues Santos and Fred obviously is a nick.

My only worry with Fred is that he is genuinely tiny. He's down as 169cm - 5 ft6 in most places, or 174 on wiki ( 5ft8)

Fernandinho isn't a giant but he is 3-4 inches taller than that, and he does get through a fair amount of defensive headers in midfield with teams often going long against us. It's an integral part of that job he does at the base of midfield.

If that's not an issue then I'm all for him, technically he's brilliant and was superb against us.

My only worry with Fred is that he is genuinely tiny. He's down as 169cm - 5 ft6 in most places, or 174 on wiki ( 5ft8)

Fernandinho isn't a giant but he is 3-4 inches taller than that, and he does get through a fair amount of defensive headers in midfield with teams often going long against us. It's an integral part of that job he does at the base of midfield.

If that's not an issue then I'm all for him, technically he's brilliant and was superb against us.

That's hopefully why we'll get Weigl to stand next to him. Weigl can stand still and just head and pass, meaning he won't move therefore can't get injured, and Fred can run around like Dinho, get the ball back and then stand on Weigl's shoulders if he needs to win a header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.