Lee Carsley, Everton, Derby and Ireland

David Dunn, Blackburn & England

Graham Stuart, Everton

Gareth Farrelly, Everton, Aston Villa, Bolton and Ireland

Jack Collison, West Ham and Wales

Russell Osman, Ipswich, Leicester, Southampton and England

Kevin Horlock, Man City and Northern Ireland

David Thompson, Liverpool and Blackburn

Ashley Ward, Crewe Alex, Derby, Barnsley, Blackburn – and Real Housewives of Cheshire!

Dele Adebola, Crewe Alex, Birmingham, Coventry and Nott’m Forest

Craig Hignett, Crewe Alex, Middlesboro, Barnsley and Blackburn

Mike Sheron, Man City and Stoke

Martin O’Connor, Walsall and Birmingham City

Danny Webber, Man Utd, Watford, Sheff Utd

Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Blackpool, Leicester and Huddersfield

Andy Campbell, Middlesboro

Andrew Thomson, Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers

Leon Mike, Man City and Aberdeen

Rob Edwards, Crewe Alex and Huddersfield

Tony Naylor, Crewe Alex and Port Vale

Dennis Hill, Burnley

Simon Ramsden, Rochdale, Bradford City and Motherwell

Scott Houghton, Spurs, Walsall, Peterborough

Steven Slade, Spurs and QPR

Samantha Miller, Spurs Ladies and West Ham Ladies

Jasmine Breeze, Altrincham Ladies

Last edited:
First suggestion of a high-profile figure in the game sweeping allegations under the carpet. Probably not surprising that the first one is someone who's dead and won't be suing for libel, but I think there'll be a lot more of this kind of allegation in the fullness of time. From a story in today's Sun:

Graham Taylor covered up sex abuse at Aston Villa and told victims to ‘move on’, inquiry hears

The former manager allegedly told two sexually assaulted players not to speak out in case they were abused by fans.​

Link to full story here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4459702/graham-taylor-covered-up-aston-villa-sex-abuse/

First suggestion of a high-profile figure in the game sweeping allegations under the carpet. Probably not surprising that the first one is someone who's dead and won't be suing for libel, but I think there'll be a lot more of this kind of allegation in the fullness of time. From a story in today's Sun:

Graham Taylor covered up sex abuse at Aston Villa and told victims to ‘move on’, inquiry hears

The former manager allegedly told two sexually assaulted players not to speak out in case they were abused by fans.​

Link to full story here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4459702/graham-taylor-covered-up-aston-villa-sex-abuse/
Easy accusation for someone to make within a year of him dying and not one I can believe easily, Graham Taylor was a decent bloke known for being principled and while these were different times I cant see him ignoring this

Easy accusation for someone to make within a year of him dying and not one I can believe easily, Graham Taylor was a decent bloke known for being principled and while these were different times I cant see him ignoring this

Indeed.

Establishment use the dead to cover their noncing shocker.

Barry Bennell's trial has begun today. According to The Guardian's Daniel Taylor, Bennell has "admitted seven charges of sexual offences against three boys, aged 11 to 14, but denies 48 other counts relating to 11 boys, 1979 to 1991." In addition to Taylor, Dan Roan of the BBC has tweeted some details of today's proceedings (don't know if these two or other journalists are likely to continue to tweet details throughout the trial). The basis of the defence is apparently that Bennell alleges a concerted attempt by people from his past to make fals allegations against him.

Meanwhile, City have put out a statement today which Roan has tweeted:

When this case is over I hope the FA don't rest on their laurels.

Barry Bennell's trial has begun today. According to The Guardian's Daniel Taylor, Bennell has "admitted seven charges of sexual offences against three boys, aged 11 to 14, but denies 48 other counts relating to 11 boys, 1979 to 1991." In addition to Taylor, Dan Roan of the BBC has tweeted some details of today's proceedings (don't know if these two or other journalists are likely to continue to tweet details throughout the trial). The basis of the defence is apparently that Bennell alleges a concerted attempt by people from his past to make fals allegations against him.

Meanwhile, City have put out a statement today which Roan has tweeted:

Some of his tweets on the case have been hard reading

Only just seen this thread so apologies if this has been done before.

I was at crewe's centre of excellence back in the early 90s. I remember very well how it was talked about and 'joked' about - who was invited back and who was staying with whom. It was like a nudge nudge wink wink thing. And not just Bennell.

Hiding in plain sight indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.