City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

•When Fernandinho is out we are poor.
•Yaya is sadly finished as a city player.
•Mangala is the most unsuited player for Pep’s system that I can think of.
Zinchenko has potential to be a very good player.
•We need Sanchez.
On balance the above sums up tonight.
The only thing I'd add - Bravo does not help his defence, we look terrified with him there. I find that odd based on signing him as a goalkeeper good with the ball at his feet.
We won though - and I like to think the boos at half time were directed at the officials NOT the team

Agree with all that,mangala seems a nice bloke,but fuck me surely even training with better players would improve your game but it isn’t happening for him..

It will, and hopefully before JFE turns up! The last few games he's been ok and appeared to be improving but he seems to have lost a bit of pace in the process, And he seems to have Yaya in front of him and Claudio behind him! Enough for anyone to ask for the portable latrine.

Bernardo didn't cost £50m, he also crossed for the winner. Sane is still young and will have off games, tonight he wasn't great but he has been very good this season.

Still, don't let me stop your miserable, moaning ways.
A lot of posters who never post anything during our unprecedented winning run, but all of a sudden turn up when they think it's safe to start doing some slagging off. Not seen the Txiki thread in a while either for some reason, presumably the usual suspects are waiting for us to lose a game

That's simply not true, every game is a challenge no matter the opposition and, the truth is, Bristol had a go and exposed the weakness in Mangala et others. I dare say had Fern and Spanish Dave started we would have found it a lot easier, but Bristol impressed me more than most of the teams that have come to the Etihad this season.

Oh indeed we can. I've been at Ashton Gate when we got a tonking! It was an average performance but still too good for Bristol.

I do not understand why managers continue to put out a side that never seems to get out of second or third gear out of six! A football ignoramus would know how Bristol were gonna play - containment and then hope to get a sniff (defensive mistake or a compliant ref - they had both tonight!). Play these guys with some pace and urgency and they will struggle to cope.

Aguero should have been on from the word go with Ferny in the middle. The tie should have been won by HT, and then second half give the guys a breather and with a two or three goal advantage play the eleven who started tonight.
If aguero started and got injured everyone goes mad.
We have got the dippers at weekend .
Who are fighting for 6th with the shit

I felt a bit sorry for Mangala as nobody showed for him, zinchencho had tucked inside instead of making himself available
Certainly true that he had no one to pass to, but he's at least partly to blame for getting himself into that position. He went left even though there was no outlet at the time and having done so he shouldn't have tried to force the pass when it wasn't on.

A lot of posters who never post anything during our unprecedented winning run, but all of a sudden turn up when they think it's safe to start doing some slagging off. Not seen the Txiki thread in a while either for some reason, presumably the usual suspects are waiting for us to lose a game

Sadly you know this is true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.