City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I've left early on a couple of occasions this season when the match was won. I stayed against Bristol. And it is true, if you leave say 10 minutes early, including injury time, there's no traffic. So I can fully understand why fans do it. However, when the game is in the balance, and City are piling forward with a few minutes to go Looking for the winner, surely staying to the end on those odd occasions is worth it.

We've all seen fans leaving this season with a few minutes to go, and City are trying to find the winner. We should be supporting the team, and not turning our backs on them walking up the steps.

I seem to be lucky with traffic from what people are sayin going South Manchester way. We get on a bus from whitefield that comes down from bury. It parks on main car park and after little wait after we're always back in whitefield either pub or home for just under 1 hour after game finished. Not bad at all

Wonder how much it would cost (the club/fans) on a match day for GMP/roads agency to filter the roads and traffic lights to make it easy to get out of the Etihad. Would car drivers be willing to pay a pound extra for this. I know the club are loaded but seeing as they aren't willing to do this, maybe its down to GMP who are refusing due to cost. Can we as a club and fans lobby Mps to get a rail station nearby. Believe in the past people have mentioned reopening park station.

I get people doing it where I am to go get a pint at 40 mins... it’s part of the whole experience... if that’s all we have to whinge about then we’re doing ok aren’t we
If people want to leave early that's entirely up to them
If they want to watch the match to its conclusion, then they should do from their own seat, not from an aisle

If people want to leave early that's entirely up to them
If they want to watch the match to its conclusion, then they should do from their own seat, not from an aisle
It's not too bad in most of SS3 as the aisles run parallel to the pitch.

I was shifted to 119 against Burnley and the ignorant fuckers not only blocked the view going /coming back from a beer but made no real effort to get a move on and shift.

I've left early on a couple of occasions this season when the match was won. I stayed against Bristol. And it is true, if you leave say 10 minutes early, including injury time, there's no traffic. So I can fully understand why fans do it. However, when the game is in the balance, and City are piling forward with a few minutes to go Looking for the winner, surely staying to the end on those odd occasions is worth it.

We've all seen fans leaving this season with a few minutes to go, and City are trying to find the winner. We should be supporting the team, and not turning our backs on them walking up the steps.
Thankfully that's what the majority think.

But we have a history of doing it even in the biggest of games - Wembley '99, THOUSANDS fucked off that day.
Spurs CL decider 2010 - Crouch only made it 0-1 in the 82nd minute, fucking loads of time left, yet that was a queue for about a quarter of the stadium to desert the team again.
How many left on that final day in 2012? i couldn't tell as was so embroiled in the game...

But even aside from the big games, in all the close games we've had when it's level or we're a goal behind and we're either going for a winner or equaliser, i just cannot fathom how getting home a bit earlier is more important than City right there and then. We scored 4 late winners in a row in November and December, and have done it again recently. Imagine missing all that - may as well never come at all!

All you have to do is go to bed a bit earlier the night after. Your brain doesn't dissolve when having two late nights a month whether you're 7 or 77!

A lot of people are sheep though. They do things just because others do it. They couldn't actually give you a reason why they do it, they just follow the lead of others.

And for those of you making your kids leave early or not taking them at all because they have school the next day - i distinctly remember as a kid (which is the main reason i have it ingrained in myself now never to leave early) that i hated it when my Dad said on 85minutes "right come on, you've got school tomorrow" and we'd be running down Claremont Road when a cheer would go up and i'd be absolutely gutted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it ever really been easy getting out of grounds or away from them once you have got out, particularly now with so many grounds being 'slightly' away from the city centre? Unless you park a reasonable distance from the ground the roads are always either closed, gridlocked or a combination of the two. Even in the 70's at Maine Road the roads were at a standstill, you could walk down Yew Tree Rd in half the time it took to drive, same with Princess Rd, Claremont Rd etc. Living in Astley, near Leigh now, there are precious few alternatives to driving, particularly on a night game, as there is no train or tram service and the buses are useless unless you're fortunate enough to live on the guided bus route. Getting home is actually ok, getting in is a nightmare, 1hr 15 mins in on Tuesday, 25 minutes home, plus walking time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.