VizTables: visually shows distance between teams in leagues

Interesting analysis, thanks for the info.

Looking at the table, Stoke are 3rd bottom on 20 points with a goal difference of -24. Mathematically, they can get to 68 points if they win all their matches, so we need 7 points to be certain of staying up! Realistically, we have a goal difference over them of +75, so we only need 6 points. Win at Stoke, and we are safe!!
(Can't you tell I've been watching City for over 50 years - old habits die hard)

Our win at Newcastle made us mathematically safe from the drop.

Update version 1.1

The site will now automatically decide number of panels to show, depending on your screen width.

I also added a couple more leagues.

Quite interesting that in the top four leagues there's a ten point gap from first place to second apart from Italy where the top 2 are almost tied and then there's a big drop off(8 points). It's not just the PL that's seeing a one or two horse race this season.

Despite how competitive we like to say the PL is, the pattern looks the most similar to La Liga this season, Bundesliga's pattern suggests a closer league(although 5 less games is quite significant) with lots of teams bunched together from 2nd to 11th. I suppose this is not a typical season in the prem though, or La Liga to be fair looking at Real's position.

Quite interesting that in the top four leagues there's a ten point gap from first place to second apart from Italy where the top 2 are tied and then there's a big drop off. It's not just the PL that's seeing a one or two horse race this season.

Despite how competitive we like to say the PL is, the pattern looks the most similar to La Liga this season, Bundesliga's pattern suggests a closer league(although 5 less games is quite significant) with lots of teams bunched together from 2nd to 11th. I suppose this is not a typical season in the prem though, or La Liga to be fair looking at Real's position.

Yeah, even if you look at the Norwegian league (which is finished now) it appears more competitive than the Premier League right now. Which is crazy because Rosenborg BK has won the Norwegian leauges 19 times in the last 26 years!

To be fair though Bayern has dominated in Germany for ages. As have Barcelona and Real Madrid in Spain. The Premier League has usually been very competitive but not so much this year lol

If Stoke get to 68 points they have to win a lot of games against teams above them, thus they (teams above) cannot maximise points, we are mathematically safe already.

Its mathematically impossible to get relegated with 62 points.

If you think about it you don't need to know too much about simple arithmetic to establish what the highest number of points you can possibly secure and still relegated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.