UEFA Team of the year(KDB First City player to be included)

I suppose its "the year", which includes them winning La Liga and the CL, but they've ignored the last 5 months of the year, where RM have greatly underperformed.
That's the thing really, Madrid did brilliantly last season, but we all know they could end up getting torn a new one by PSG, finishing 4th in La Liga and ending the season potless while we won the quad and all the pre Christmas trophies (CS, ESC, CWC) and started next season in a similar manner to this one and they'd more than likely still have more representatives in next year's team of the year than we would. If anyone doesn't believe this they should check the 2010 (Inter treble), 2012 (Chelsea CL win) and 2013 (Bayern treble, Madrid potless) versions and see how many Barca and Madrid players made the teams in those years. Also check the B'allon D'or shortlists.

5 players from a side that's 4th in La Liga?

Right, ok lol

We've lost 2 league games all 2017. RM have been dogshit for half the year.

I guess a lot of it is based on the first half of the year and even where trophies ended up. We carry our form through till May & will be interesting to see UEFA'S team next Jan.

Does anyone think that having these awards at the end of the calendar year is stupid anyway? Hazard is presumably in because Chelsea won the league last season, but it would make more sense if these awards were in August in that case.

yep agreed - season end plus internationaL TOURNY OR not - no yearly recognition is required and they are pointless. and in many cases can not be judged correctly.

Glad Top-Knot Camera pleaser didn't get in the team, gives me a bit of faith in the footballing world.

Congrats R kev. The first of many "accolades" for this team I hope!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.