plusnet Broadband any good

dickie davies

From flat earth & I'm a c*nt (says @ LongsightM13)
I've edited the title as I'm about to sign up with Plusnet
Anyone already with them? Good, bad, indifferent?

Ok girls, I'm with BT (yes I know) and my deal with them has expired

Unlimited Infinity 2 broadband, guaranteed 50 mg ps, and I achieve 53
It should be 63-80, but internet connection is terrible down here in darkest Cheshire
Line rental
Evening and weekend calls
Friends and family abroad calls
BT Sport and TV starter pack

They're telling me £51 is best price
I think they're taking the piss

Which company should I be looking at?

Last edited:

It should be 63-80, but internet connection is terrible down here in darkest Cheshire
Line rental

That Martin Lewis fella says if your happy with BT but not happy with the price just switch to plusnet (they are a subsidiary of BT and use the same infrastructure) as they a fair bit cheaper. What sort of usage (games machines, NAs, Servers, streaming) are you using? I had 45-50 coped easily with my moderate to high usage

That Martin Lewis fella says if your happy with BT but not happy with the price just switch to plusnet (they are a subsidiary of BT and use the same infrastructure) as they a fair bit cheaper. What sort of usage (games machines, NAs, Servers, streaming) are you using? I had 45-50 coped easily with my moderate to high usage

That's all gobbledegook to me mate, but I think you're asking do I game (XBox and stuff) online - No I don't

Broadband is used for downloading music, general browsing, Netflix, illegal football streams and we cope with a download of 53mb

The guy at BT told me that I'm on Infinity 2 and that should be 63- 80
I ran a test as we were speaking and it came in at 53
He said that it's guaranteed to a minimum of 50

When I asked what speed Infinity 1 was, he told me that's up to 55mb, but I wouldn't get anywhere near that as proven by the Infinity 2 and I would only get just over the minimum guaranteed, which is 30mb

Line rental

I'm about to switch to Plusnet. They get great reviews and I called their customer service line to check a couple of thinks and (a) they answered the phone quickly, (b) they knew what they were talking about and didn't piss me about. That sealed it for me, so I'm switching in a few days (from BT) when my contract is up. £32 for the 76Mb service, vs around £55 from BT. (Ironically Plusnet are owned by BT!)

Vodafone are £24 for same, but the reviews are shocking and quite off-putting.

That's all gobbledegook to me mate, but I think you're asking do I game (XBox and stuff) online - No I don't

Broadband is used for downloading music, general browsing, Netflix, illegal football streams and we cope with a download of 53mb

The guy at BT told me that I'm on Infinity 2 and that should be 63- 80
I ran a test as we were speaking and it came in at 53
He said that it's guaranteed to a minimum of 50

When I asked what speed Infinity 1 was, he told me that's up to 55mb, but I wouldn't get anywhere near that as proven by the Infinity 2 and I would only get just over the minimum guaranteed, which is 30mb
Obviously it depends on the wiring and optics near your locality but i was with Plusnet and paying for 75 and was getting a a decent 68-70 if memory serves me right The equipment that came with my plusnet was bobbins as I recall. networks are not really my bag but as far as I know BT and Plusnet are they same pipeworks.(supply to property) unless its some agreement with the two companies about available bandwidth to your property.

https://www.plus.net/signup/index.p...eight=450&width=688&TB_iframe=true&modal=true

Obviously it depends on the wiring and optics near your locality but i was with Plusnet and paying for 75 and was getting a a decent 68-70 if memory serves me right The equipment that came with my plusnet was bobbins as I recall. networks are not really my bag but as far as I know BT and Plusnet are they same pipeworks.(supply to property) unless its some agreement with the two companies about available bandwidth to your property.

https://www.plus.net/signup/index.p...eight=450&width=688&TB_iframe=true&modal=true
Most ISP's use BT infrastructure since most ISP's simply sell rebadged BT Openreach broadband packages, and it runs through BT's kit. Vrigin, Sky and TalkTalk are the main ones who don't but pretty much all of the rest are simply rebadged BT.

The slight difference is that Plusnet are actually owned by BT, but honestly that's neither here nor there. What's more important is, is the ISP any good, and that answer in Plusnet's case thankfully is yes.

Most ISP's use BT infrastructure since most ISP's simply sell rebadged BT Openreach broadband packages, and it runs through BT's kit. The slight difference is that Plusnet are actually owned by BT, but honestly that's neither here nor there. What's more important is, is the ISP any good, and that answer in Plusnet's case thankfully is yes.

Talk Talk have there own gear in the exchanges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.