Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His legs haven't completely gone at all, we heard the same from people on this forum a few weeks ago about Aguero which, likewise, wasn't true. He's not fully fit and fully sharp, I'd agree but that's because he's not playing regularly. Your legs don't go overnight - at the end of last season, he was one of our best players. He just doesn't play in a system that suits him. Unfortunately for him, City are a better team in that system but if he was to play in a team that suited that system, he'd still be one of their best players.

And doesn't contribute to our play in any way? 91.9% passing accuracy was the best on the pitch by any midfielder, and very impressive given the way that Bristol pressed us. He also, unusually, made a couple of important defensive headers which I haven't seen from him in years. He had a good game against Bristol, the stats bear that out.
I thought he did OK against Bristol but I am in the camp that he is now not a good fit for the way we play and will be gone next season

I won't diss him but he did leave the holes they kept getting through,we have to send the big guns to brizzle now,hope he doesn't go
I totally agree with this.
IMO posters are either totally for or against Yaya and they may have changed their minds over the years and they may think only of his football attributes or include his (and his agents) antics off the field. I prefer to split the two- off field I have no regard for him at all. On field, he had been a major contributor to our success in the past but he is no longer a positive team player.
His game on Tuesday was a dichotomy of actions: slow, leaving gaps for Bristol to gain from, headed some great crosses against tall opponents and had a high individual pass rate even though most were sideways and only over a few metres.
All in all, I question Pep in picking him in this match against a young, tall, energetic opposition like Bristol and hope he doesn’t feature in the second leg.
Ultimately, he will leave with a mixed reaction. The longer he plays the worse his legacy will be.

I totally agree with this.
IMO posters are either totally for or against Yaya and they may have changed their minds over the years and they may think only of his football attributes or include his (and his agents) antics off the field. I prefer to split the two- off field I have no regard for him at all. On field, he had been a major contributor to our success in the past but he is no longer a positive team player.
His game on Tuesday was a dichotomy of actions: slow, leaving gaps for Bristol to gain from, headed some great crosses against tall opponents and had a high individual pass rate even though most were sideways and only over a few metres.
All in all, I question Pep in picking him in this match against a young, tall, energetic opposition like Bristol and hope he doesn’t feature in the second leg.
Ultimately, he will leave with a mixed reaction. The longer he plays the worse his legacy will be.
He was always slow, and always left holes for others to exploit, however the way we play now it can't be covered. Also, he doesn't have the explosiveness he once had - he's just not a fit for us any more. However, he was pivotal to our early successes, and for that alone the abuse he gets from certain posters is shocking.

He was always slow, and always left holes for others to exploit, however the way we play now it can't be covered. Also, he doesn't have the explosiveness he once had - he's just not a fit for us any more. However, he was pivotal to our early successes, and for that alone the abuse he gets from certain posters is shocking.
I agree with all of that,he got old and doesn't warrant abuse

I agree with all of that,he got old and doesn't warrant abuse
If you're to overlook the "cake" incident and other needless turmoil and the fact that Pep felt obligated not to start Yaya until his agent apologized - sorry, formerly a great player yeah, but zero sympathy for him. If Yaya can't play up to standard - I won't be sorry if the door hits him on the way out.

If you're to overlook the "cake" incident and other needless turmoil and the fact that Pep felt obligated not to start Yaya until his agent apologized - sorry, formerly a great player yeah, but zero sympathy for him. If Yaya can't play up to standard - I won't be sorry if the door hits him on the way out.
and not forgetting the death of his brother saga. I agree, no sympathy

For those with Spotify, what do you think — is there a new song for Yaya somewhere in this? ;-)

He would better suited to play in a back 3, or as a centre forward, he can't do the cdm job anymore, well not in this team.

Pep Guardiola: "Yaya Toure helped us a lot last season so he's the only one we've renewed his contract, this season I hope he will continue to help us until the end of the season. I think we still need him.

Guardiola:" This season played less minutes than before but there are still a lot of games. "

Renew Torre contract?

Pep Guardiola: "We'll decide later."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.