The Balkans

purplenose

Think I must be having a mid life crisis or something. Anyway I am thinking of flying to Sofia and heading off on the trains and buses for 3 in weeks in May. Christ knows what they will make of a miserable old bastard turning up in the backpacker hostels. I can just see the picture...this is Svetlana and Tatanya from Kiev helping purplenose into the ambulance! However I did email a couple asking if they thought 52 would be too old and they said in the Balkans you are never too old. I wonder if Svetlana and Tatanya will think that hmmmm??

Anyway any tips, suggestions of places to visit, places not to visit especially anywhere where you might get shot at violently bummed or both.

Due to my conditions there are those who are casting doubts upon this escapade and yes I will probably be utterley knackered for several weeks upon my return, the passport renewal form is half filled in and the weather is pissing me off so it i am 90% certain to utter those words...."bollocks to this I am off".

All tips, suggestions, tales of drunkeness and or debauchery will be gratefully received.

I wish you well with your quest mate,but you braver than me.

I went on holiday to Bulgaria many,many years ago,Sunny Beach,obviously a lot more popular these days than back in the day,think it was around 91 when I went,and I'll never forget it.

The airline/plane was fucking horrible for a start,Balkan Airlines,hotel was ok,but all I had was ham,chips and egg all the time,the pish they served was shite,had my first experience of seeing a dancing bear,which I accepted as I was in a different country,but the bird I was with on the holiday went fucking crazy at the poor bloke with it,

Thankfully we went with another couple,as me and her rowed a lot,but we got friendly with one of the waiters at the hotel,bunged him a few levs and that,we called him Shag,he was ok,but one night he invited us to go and meet his family,so we agreed.

Well we went into the middle of nowhere,fucking weird fires in these forests we were driving through,really fucking weird,and dark as fuck,but to cut a long story short we soon wanted to get the fuck out of the place,but on the way back to the resort,he stopped in a car,and some **** jumped in the car with us,I thought we were gonna get killed,bummed or both,I was very nervous,but thankfully I had a bottle of like Ouso,it wasn't ouso like but a Bulgarian equivalent,so I had that firmly in my hand to twat the pair of them with it,I couldn't get back to the resort quick enough,shit myself.

Resort was full of um wanting to change money on the streets,wanted English notes,you got all kind of currencies back apparently ,as a few in our hotel had been done

Now he might have just been being friendly,but I didn't try to find out,fucking weird fuck,and I always treat Eastern Europeans with a bit of distance ever since that experience,so although I do holidays to Greece,which is over that way,I try and avoid Eastern Europe,so good luck to you,but not for me

Think I must be having a mid life crisis or something. Anyway I am thinking of flying to Sofia and heading off on the trains and buses for 3 in weeks in May. Christ knows what they will make of a miserable old bastard turning up in the backpacker hostels. I can just see the picture...this is Svetlana and Tatanya from Kiev helping purplenose into the ambulance! However I did email a couple asking if they thought 52 would be too old and they said in the Balkans you are never too old. I wonder if Svetlana and Tatanya will think that hmmmm??
Anyway any tips, suggestions of places to visit, places not to visit especially anywhere where you might get shot at violently bummed or both.
Due to my conditions there are those who are casting doubts upon this escapade and yes I will probably be utterley knackered for several weeks upon my return, the passport renewal form is half filled in and the weather is pissing me off so it i am 90% certain to utter those words...."bollocks to this I am off".
All tips, suggestions, tales of drunkeness and or debauchery will be gratefully received.
I believe it is traditional to ask for pics of Svetlana and Tatanya.

I believe it is traditional to ask for pics of Svetlana and Tatanya.

Fear not should they prove not to be a figment of my imagination pics would be posted! One will be blonde and one brunette both curvy size 10 to 12 and in their early 30s and both have a penchant for short arsed English blokes in their 50s.

My mate says he cant understand why I am going over there all that way when I could meet birds just like that in some place on Nantwich road in Crewe.

Been 3 times on holiday, probably 15+ years ago,lovely country and was dirt cheap, not sure now.

Varna is really big & busy but has a fantastic cathedral, reasonably close to Golden Sands but for a quieter and nicer area around there head to St.Constantin.

Russians were all ignorant in Bulgaria but the big plus is the waitresses are all stunning and wear short uniforms.

I'm a couple of years older than you and if I was contemplating back packing think I'd stick to Greece & the islands to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.