Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the horrible decision to attempt to pass when he should have cleared, his distribution was actually extremely good today. And I thought he did everything he could for their goals (I think it is harsh to say he should have saved the Ox shot). He nearly kept out Firmino’s chip, which is impressive in of itself because those chances are a keeper’s nightmare.

His only weakness shown in this match was his handling of crosses and corners—he’ll improve there, though.

He is still a world class keeper that just didn’t have a great day at the office (and neither did pretty much everyone else in his team).

Feel sorry for Ed today. Made a mistake for the last goal but the comedy defending for the other goals clearly got to him.

Apart from the horrible decision to attempt to pass when he should have cleared, his distribution was actually extremely good today. And I thought he did everything he could for their goals (I think it is harsh to say he should have saved the Ox shot). He nearly kept out Firmino’s chip, which is impressive in of itself because those chances are a keeper’s nightmare.

His only weakness shown in this match was his handling of crosses and corners—he’ll improve there, though.

He is still a world class keeper that just didn’t have a great day at the office (and neither did pretty much everyone else in his team).

He should have saved the first. I think he was too far to his left - not for the first time - and had he been better positioned, he would have got to that shot. Shay Given also mentioned that he was not set as the ball was struck, which was true, but that can happen; however, I prefer keepers not to bounce. He was though just one of at least four City players at fault for the first goal.

I wasn't concerned by how he dealt with crosses but he had no right doing anything other than smashing that one he sent to Salah high and long; well. apart from letting Walker take the ball!

You play with fire, you'll get burnt occasionally. As long as it doesn't affect how he plays next time, it's just one of those things you have to accept will sometimes happen. (and he won't be affected)

He's going to make mistakes, he's barely played 80 games at a really high level in his career. We've all seen the raw talent and the guts but he's going to get caught out a bit as he's raw and will have areas he can improve. Christ, we could be revisiting this conversation in 14 years when he's set appearance records.

Been absolutely brilliant this season on the whole. Made a few mistakes like ALL keepers do. If he carries on progressing, he will soon be regarded as one of the best in the world.

I wanted him to pass on the 4th goal. Perhaps even gold that ball as he had more time than he realized. But the one thing I didn't want was him to boot it long. Take the risk, live with the consequences. That's what Gladiators do. It failed today, but tomorrow and next month it will make us better.

It's the 1st goal and his soft attack on a few crosses that I found more disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.