Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have played a blinder in this saga at all. Essentially, our inability to close the deal has allowed our closest rivals to move in a grab the player from under our noses. If the reports that Sanchez and his agent demanded more money after having agreed a deal are true, then i can understand why the club has taken the decision it has. However, this isn't the first time this season that we have seemingly had an agreement with a player only for it to fall through at the last moment. The Alves fiasco resulted in us over spending on a bang average full back who isn't worthy of lacing the boots of the player we originally wanted.

Hopefully we can grab another forward player in January because the glaring weakness in our squad is up front. Aguero has been a shadow of his former self this season and Jesus wouldn't even be in the side if he wasn't Brazilian.

Got nothing to do with our inability...the deal was agreed in principal back last summer. The greedy fucker has decided to seek more money and then wanted it from us. We have basically let it be known now that he wanted to come to us but is looking for a massive pay day - the statement confirms it all and the whole football world knows about it now

Not at all.

I just think we are still short up front both in numbers and experience.
67 goals for not good enough!

We can always improve, but Sanchez is not an improvement. He doesn't better a single one of our forward players, and to my mind you don't buy players at his age unless they do offer something significantly more. Would also have made a mockery of City's recent claims about Foden and Diaz been given a chance.

He is an outstanding talent in the PL.

He scored 4 more goals than Aguero last season.

He was only just 29 in December, (7 months younger than Aguero).

He wont be available on a free because he wants to leave and Arsenal want to sell him.

I agree the money is getting ridiculous but it is a market, if we don't compete for the best players when they become available at cheap transfer fees, like in this case with Sanchez, other clubs will not hesitate.

IMO we will regret not securing him.
How has he done against Aguero in the other 4 or 5 seasons? just curious.

I don't think we have played a blinder in this saga at all. Essentially, our inability to close the deal has allowed our closest rivals to move in a grab the player from under our noses. If the reports that Sanchez and his agent demanded more money after having agreed a deal are true, then i can understand why the club has taken the decision it has. However, this isn't the first time this season that we have seemingly had an agreement with a player only for it to fall through at the last moment. The Alves fiasco resulted in us over spending on a bang average full back who isn't worthy of lacing the boots of the player we originally wanted.

Hopefully we can grab another forward player in January because the glaring weakness in our squad is up front. Aguero has been a shadow of his former self this season and Jesus wouldn't even be in the side if he wasn't Brazilian.

Walker is colossal.

Easily the best full back in the country.

No issue with us walking away, however we need somebody in this window. There's no alternative to Sane on the left and it leaves us a little bit one sided when Sane either isn't available or is having a poor game which you're going to get from time to time from a 22 year old.

Part of that problem is we have no left footed attacking full back after Mendy got injured. He doesn't have a Kyle Walker bombing past on the overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.