Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you all want to see why I'm fucking infuriated with the left wing in general, watch their hypocrisy fly over this Trump medical test. Nobody does outright rank hypocrisy and moral flexibility like the American left. The British left is positively pride inducing compared to their shitshow.

Here's things to look out for:

• Fat shaming is wrong and bullying but lol Trump fatty fat fat
  • I'm not a Doctor but that highly qualified medical professional doesn't know as much as I do.
  • Here's why this shows Trump is actually really unhealthy...
  • "The Doctor is in on it!". "He was handpicked by Obama and was the Presidential physician for many years". "Errr...the Doctor is err... in on it"

If you all want to see why I'm fucking infuriated with the left wing in general, watch their hypocrisy fly over this Trump medical test. Nobody does outright rank hypocrisy and moral flexibility like the American left. The British left is positively pride inducing compared to their shitshow.

Here's things to look out for:

• Fat shaming is wrong and bullying but lol Trump fatty fat fat
  • I'm not a Doctor but that highly qualified medical professional doesn't know as much as I do.
  • Here's why this shows Trump is actually really unhealthy...
  • "The Doctor is in on it!". "He was handpicked by Obama and was the Presidential physician for many years". "Errr...the Doctor is err... in on it"

western "democracy" has caused a continual failure in the education system, and then we invented social media. At least in the past the general population had less of a voice.

I don't believe this is a problem caused by giving more people a voice. In fact I think it's somewhat more insidious than that. The most psychologically useful tool in the marketeer's toolbox is outrage. We are wired to respond to it in a very certain way and then the outrage becomes normalised as more extreme positions are taken.

I wrote a big post about this all the way back when Mancini was our manager regarding the community here on Bluemoon and the "Cabal". We could have done a sociological study on here about how that situation developed and me and Ahsan have waxed lyrical on it a few times.

The situation starts reasonably with "I think Mancini made a mistake" vs "I think Mancini's ideas made sense" and then as the frustration of not being heard intensifies, the defensiveness does and people start taking more extreme positions. So it goes from Mancini made a mistake, to Mancini makes lots of mistakes, to Mancini is a bad manager, to Mancini is a crap manager, to Mancini is a complete fraud. On the other side it goes from Mancini's ideas make sense, to Mancini has a lot of good ideas, to Mancini is a great manager, to Mancini is the best manager in the world who cannot be criticised.

The transition is simple as people jump to their slightly more extreme ideas and then justify them later and then it becomes a very normal idea to them, so the next time they want to make a hyperbolic post to top somebody else's post, they go even further down the line.

At the end you're left with a bunch of people with extreme ideas and any new information that comes at them which very obviously won't fit into their mental model of what reality is supposed to look like is met with hostility, disbelief or the old chestnut in football of "bad/good luck". Mancini either won the title because he's a footballing super genius who motivated a failing and entitled squad or really he won it because he fluked it and Khaldoon did a big team talk. No middle ground, no nuance, no thinking involved.

This is the problem I have with a lot of the social justice movement and to an extent the pro/anti-Trump crowd and have expressed this pretty early in this thread. People aren't judging situations in good faith and instead have their preconceived positions that they try to jam in new information no matter how badly it fits. The worst thing about the social justice movement is how easily they drop their whole moral philosophies when the opportunity to ridicule "the Other" comes at them. They're negotiable on identity which isn't a moral philosophy and is just the Racial League Table taken to another degree. The fundamental philosophy of the Left and why I consider myself left wing is based on an absolute commitment to personal liberty and freedom. Having structures, whether societal structures, social norms or literal authority structures telling people that they can't do something that other people can do because who they are, how old they are, where they come from, what they look like, etc is the thing that the Left is supposed to fight against. That was always the plan but as more and more people have taken up extreme positions they've gone all the way round from "other people can do this too" to "you can't do this but other people can". It's authoritarianism and why I can't sign up for post-modern "Liberalism" and will happily sit in my functionally Blairite neo-liberal camp.

Something that is developing in the post-modern left is this idea that democracy is a structurally flawed idea and that "the common people" are the enemy because they're "uneducated" or "an IST such as racist, sexist, homophobe....ist" which is a shit way of saying they don't agree with you on every political position. I can't argue against this strongly enough. Democracy is the saviour of the world because people at their core, even people who hold right wing beliefs, are fundamentally good and moral. Outside of an extremely tiny amount of people who make up about 0.000000001% of the world, we all wish to have the same thing which is a world that is prosperous and moral for our children to live in and grow. Only the method of how we define those things are different. If you cannot start a political argument understanding that both you and the person opposite you is attempting to achieve that then you're part of the problem already.

Democracy and the people having a voice is the pilot light of all human progress. Don't confuse a psychological manipulation trick used by the media to increase content engagement with the core beliefs of rational people. Democracy is worth protecting and championing. In fact I'd argue it's one of the ONLY things in the world that's worth championing and protecting with ferocity.

Interesting post, I would say that politics, religion and corporate financial contributions and interventions have lead to a manipulation of the education system. This has been true in various guises throughout history. I think the reduction of peoples exposure to a broad education, leading to a lack of critical thinking in favour of "believing what you're taught" which then undergoes the process you describe, is then passed down the generations to become increasingly ingrained and the default position (which then leads to your process again on an inter-generational level).

This combined with much easier access to people with like-minded views and profit-based "entertainment or manipulation over fact" tailored news pieces, as well as much easier access to people of opposing views or stance who you can then engage with gang mentality against, has created this really poor reflection on society. It's gang warfare on a global scale. In the past you had to truly believe your convictions at risk of backlash and persecution, and stand up for what you believed in and what was right. Now you can just shout at people on Twitter and you won't get heard unless you back a sponsored view or are outrageous to the nth degree. True causes are hijacked and lost because there is neither enough risk or danger to hijacking it with radicalised views, nor is there enough to dissuade people from ganging up and shouting it down.

The default position in life now is if you say what you think or what you believe and it doesn't conform, then you'll have to apologise on social media in 2 days and will lose your job until you conform. Thus, society gets bludgeoned with arbitrary and prejudicial "solutions" that either benefit no-one, or continue to benefit a very small privileged section of society, the only difference being it may be a different part of society than previously.

In summary, people are on the whole poorly educated, have much easier access to like-minded numpties and no risk or penalty to ganging up and spouting their endless drivel, which in turn becomes self-perpetuating. Moderation and the middle-ground doesn't have the teeth to prevent the dangers either side of it from being destructive, and a result we end up with the social turmoil we now have to put up with. It may be just a different version of what's gone before, but we should be doing much better than this. We should be beyond this point as a society but sadly we've failed in the education of too many generations, and I don't really see a way back.

I don't believe this is a problem caused by giving more people a voice. In fact I think it's somewhat more insidious than that. The most psychologically useful tool in the marketeer's toolbox is outrage. We are wired to respond to it in a very certain way and then the outrage becomes normalised as more extreme positions are taken.

I wrote a big post about this all the way back when Mancini was our manager regarding the community here on Bluemoon and the "Cabal". We could have done a sociological study on here about how that situation developed and me and Ahsan have waxed lyrical on it a few times.

The situation starts reasonably with "I think Mancini made a mistake" vs "I think Mancini's ideas made sense" and then as the frustration of not being heard intensifies, the defensiveness does and people start taking more extreme positions. So it goes from Mancini made a mistake, to Mancini makes lots of mistakes, to Mancini is a bad manager, to Mancini is a crap manager, to Mancini is a complete fraud. On the other side it goes from Mancini's ideas make sense, to Mancini has a lot of good ideas, to Mancini is a great manager, to Mancini is the best manager in the world who cannot be criticised.

The transition is simple as people jump to their slightly more extreme ideas and then justify them later and then it becomes a very normal idea to them, so the next time they want to make a hyperbolic post to top somebody else's post, they go even further down the line.

At the end you're left with a bunch of people with extreme ideas and any new information that comes at them which very obviously won't fit into their mental model of what reality is supposed to look like is met with hostility, disbelief or the old chestnut in football of "bad/good luck". Mancini either won the title because he's a footballing super genius who motivated a failing and entitled squad or really he won it because he fluked it and Khaldoon did a big team talk. No middle ground, no nuance, no thinking involved.

This is the problem I have with a lot of the social justice movement and to an extent the pro/anti-Trump crowd and have expressed this pretty early in this thread. People aren't judging situations in good faith and instead have their preconceived positions that they try to jam in new information no matter how badly it fits. The worst thing about the social justice movement is how easily they drop their whole moral philosophies when the opportunity to ridicule "the Other" comes at them. They're negotiable on identity which isn't a moral philosophy and is just the Racial League Table taken to another degree. The fundamental philosophy of the Left and why I consider myself left wing is based on an absolute commitment to personal liberty and freedom. Having structures, whether societal structures, social norms or literal authority structures telling people that they can't do something that other people can do because who they are, how old they are, where they come from, what they look like, etc is the thing that the Left is supposed to fight against. That was always the plan but as more and more people have taken up extreme positions they've gone all the way round from "other people can do this too" to "you can't do this but other people can". It's authoritarianism and why I can't sign up for post-modern "Liberalism" and will happily sit in my functionally Blairite neo-liberal camp.

Something that is developing in the post-modern left is this idea that democracy is a structurally flawed idea and that "the common people" are the enemy because they're "uneducated" or "an IST such as racist, sexist, homophobe....ist" which is a shit way of saying they don't agree with you on every political position. I can't argue against this strongly enough. Democracy is the saviour of the world because people at their core, even people who hold right wing beliefs, are fundamentally good and moral. Outside of an extremely tiny amount of people who make up about 0.000000001% of the world, we all wish to have the same thing which is a world that is prosperous and moral for our children to live in and grow. Only the method of how we define those things are different. If you cannot start a political argument understanding that both you and the person opposite you is attempting to achieve that then you're part of the problem already.

Democracy and the people having a voice is the pilot light of all human progress. Don't confuse a psychological manipulation trick used by the media to increase content engagement with the core beliefs of rational people. Democracy is worth protecting and championing. In fact I'd argue it's one of the ONLY things in the world that's worth championing and protecting with ferocity.
Hate to be pedantic but 0.000000001% of the world's population amounts to about one fifteenth of one person.

Hate to be pedantic but 0.000000001% of the world's population amounts to about one fifteenth of one person.

I appreciate the pedantry. Instead of acknowledging it, I'm going to pretend I was making a deep, philosophical point about the nature of humanity instead

I don't think that's true actually.

I think he lied about his height because he's literally so pathetic he attributes height to power. The listed 6'3'' height is definitely something I saw before this medical report.

However i'm sure they took a lot of weight off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.