Ligue 1 17/18

Got to say they were amazing tonight 8-0 victory.Neymar with 4 and not 100% fit they are the team to beat in all of Europe in my opinion

I agree they'll be one of the tougher teams to knock out (unless Real take care of that this round) but did you actually learn anything about them from an 8-0 win over Dijon?

Yes they could have scored 15 easily against above mid table side mbappe only came on with about 25 mins.they pressed high just like city and won the ball back with regular ease. I think they will beat Madrid by at least 3 clear goals over 2 games. The crowd booed because they wanted Cavani to take it but neymar is the assigned penalty taker

I agree they'll be one of the tougher teams to knock out (unless Real take care of that this round) but did you actually learn anything about them from an 8-0 win over Dijon?

PSG play vs strong opposition the same way Enrique's Barca did - sit back, circulate the ball deep and rely on forward's individual class. The strategy of stopping them is obvious - press the midfield and cut the supply to attackers. Guardiola tried to use this approach vs Enrique's Barca and failed due to Messi's heroics and lack of firepower (all the wingers were injured, and Lewandowski doesn't create opportinities for himself). But this strategy worked for Heynckes in the group stage, and Bayern dealt with PSG surprisingly easily.

PSG's forward line is probably the world's best right now in terms of personnel (though I have some reservations about Cavani), but the team as a whole doesn't impress me that much, attacking moves sometimes look a bit chaotic and undercoached. And Ligue 1 teams are hardly good sparring partners.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.