Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why we've not seen him there yet as Yaya is just blatantly not up to it
I imagine part of it is wanting to protect him from increased risk of injury given that he is one of a very small contingent of players who can cover fullback (and centreback) right now.

On the transfer list I'm afraid, unless Danilo goes which seems unlikely - he was quite expensive. PM's current contract expires in 2019.

Can actually see Danilo wanting out - not getting much playing time. Has been poor generally when he’s played. Looked well pissed off sat on the bench on Tuesday - watching a young kid play left back! Major stumbling block will be getting a decent percentage of the fee we paid back again.

On the transfer list I'm afraid, unless Danilo goes which seems unlikely - he was quite expensive. PM's current contract expires in 2019.
In the football financial climate of 2018, Danilo was quite cheap. Plus he's only had one really good game among many very average (not good enough) ones.

I can see him going

Can actually see Danilo wanting out - not getting much playing time. Has been poor generally when he’s played. Looked well pissed off sat on the bench on Tuesday - watching a young kid play left back! Major stumbling block will be getting a decent percentage of the fee we paid back again.

That’s not true at all.

He’s behind the best RB in the league and his ‘role’ is to play second fiddle in a position (LB) that we wouldn’t want any of the PL LBs playing for us ..... and he does it at a decent enough level. (Name a single game where LB Danilo really cost us)

Turns out we aren’t all that exposed when he plays in RB/LB (CB/DM on a pinch) at all.

That’s not true at all.

He’s behind the best RB in the league and his ‘role’ is to play second fiddle in a position (LB) that we wouldn’t want any of the PL LBs playing for us ..... and he does it at a decent enough level. (Name a single game where LB Danilo really cost us)

Turns out we aren’t all that exposed when he plays in RB/LB (CB/DM on a pinch) at all.

Shaktar second leg.

That’s not true at all.

Danilo is playing on the same level he was showing at Madrid for 2 years - which is, frankly, an average one. He wasn't worth the money paid IMO. But Maffeo isn't really better right now, he wouldn't make City squad any stronger. What's the point of replacing Danilo with PM, losing money? The only reason could be Maffeo's potential, but it's up to scouting/coaching staff to assess it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.