Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Fair enough mate, I understand anyone can look good in a youtube video. I don't watch the Spuds regularly but I make a habit to catch their games when citeh arent playing as they are a young team that play nice football- and when I do catch their games Dier has always impressed me. He quietly does the defensive duties and mops up without much fuss. We've missed an out and out quality DM since De Jong.

BUT if your mate, who is a spuds fan, is saying he's gobshite then yeah that does definitely raise some major red flags. Just not sold on Fred, we need a DM not another attacking minded midfielder. Hope we pick up Fabinho.

Yep, that would be ideal.

CB, backup LB, DM a third striker and possibly another striker to replace sergio depending on his position at the club this summer. Could easily end up having spent another £200m by the end of august

Fair enough mate, I understand anyone can look good in a youtube video. I don't watch the Spuds regularly but I make a habit to catch their games when citeh arent playing as they are a young team that play nice football- and when I do catch their games Dier has always impressed me. He quietly does the defensive duties and mops up without much fuss. We've missed an out and out quality DM since De Jong.

BUT if your mate, who is a spuds fan, is saying he's gobshite then yeah that does definitely raise some major red flags. Just not sold on Fred, we need a DM not another attacking minded midfielder. Hope we pick up Fabinho.

I disagree.

We brought in Fernandinho as an attack minded box to box midfielder and he’s turned into one of, if not the best holding midfielders in world football under Guardiola’s tutorage. It’s no longer good enough to be proficient defensively and very little else, we’ve been there done it and got the t-shirt with De Jong, Garcia and Fernando.

There's a kid at Dortmund who looks ok

I was listening to the City Watch Podcast last week with a German bloke (I think) who follows Ukrainian football talking about Fred, but he mentioned Weigl and said Dortmund will want Ousmane Dembele money for him.

€100m+

I was listening to the City Watch Podcast last week with a German bloke (I think) who follows Ukrainian football talking about Fred, but he mentioned Weigl and said Dortmund will want Ousmane Dembele money for him.

€100m+

Find that down the back of the sofa nowadays. Should probably buy him to be safe.

My top 5 wishlist for replacing Yaya:
1. Fabinho (Best young DM in the world IMO)
2. Can (he`s free and has PL and CL experience)
3. Ndombele (very underrated midfielder. Will be sold if Lyon don`t reach CL)
4. Diawara (played well against us, and Napoli is close to signing Torreira and could therefore be willing to sell him)
5. Ndidi (I rate him highly, and think he has a lot of potential)

Weigl looks weak and he would not bring enough protection to the defense, based on what I have seen. Fred might be a little too weak and short, and I don`t know if he is good enough defensively. Could potentially replace Delph in a few years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.