Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

My top 5 wishlist for replacing Yaya:
1. Fabinho (Best young DM in the world IMO)
2. Can (he`s free and has PL and CL experience)
3. Ndombele (very underrated midfielder. Will be sold if Lyon don`t reach CL)
4. Diawara (played well against us, and Napoli is close to signing Torreira and could therefore be willing to sell him)
5. Ndidi (I rate him highly, and think he has a lot of potential)

Weigl looks weak and he would not bring enough protection to the defense, based on what I have seen. Fred might be a little too weak and short, and I don`t know if he is good enough defensively. Could potentially replace Delph in a few years
Would love Fabinho at City, ideal long term replacement for Fernandinho.

If Fred is a serious option as the Yaya replacement I think Max Meyer from Schalke should be too. Transfermarkt.de reports he has still not signed a new contract with Schalke, so he will be free in the summer. Barcelona is interested and also Arsenal. We should be all over this guy. He is only 22 and has loads of experience in the Bundesliga. Looks like a Pep player to me.

DM should be a priority. Fernandinho will be 33 in may. Veteran midfielders can drop their level very fast these days. Remember a 32 years old Schweinsteiger at United.

Weigl but it will be complicated, contract through 2021 and club has already been pressured to sell 2 players they weren't prepared to yet. Looking elsewhere might make sense but I gotta believe this is the one player Pep really wants. The good, however, is that no one will be able to identify a better alternative than Guardiola himself. Trust in Pep

If Fred comes in then we have him, fern and Delph for that position. Plenty good enough

The way we play we have 80% of the ball almost every game. I know the position is called 'Defensive Midfielder' but really their defensive skills shouldn't be a big factor here. 80% of the time we will be on the offensive so it makes more sense to get someone whose best skill is suited to that 80%. We don't need a tank for our DM. Busquets isn't a tank. And when there's a need for defending, the whole team will defend, none of this 1 person will defend and stop counter attacks bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.