6 Nations 2018

leighton

Right that time of the year. A lot of teams building for the Rugby World Cup it seems in 2019. With this 6 nations a lot of teams seem to be bringing in new faces who will the smart money be on this year.

Ireland with 2 away games in Paris and then London to end the championship it could well be a title decider in London. The Irish team looks so strong in most areas maybe apart from hooker but the rest seem to of a very good stander. I will always fancy Ireland and even more so with how the clubs are doing in European rugby some of the young players are playing really well at the moment and I think its a case of Ireland having the strongest group at the moment.
England for me has too many injuries.

England crippled?
What does that make Wales?!

Looking forward to seeing what Scotland produce, and France could be anything as usual.

Nice distraction putting this little thread up now.
My view is that any series of fixtures where England don't have to waste one of their 3 home games playing Italy gives them a head start before a ball is kicked, thrown. As such I really do fancy them, big time. Oh, and their record is pretty good too.

I think England will have to be careful with there league. Just look at what has happen with the French rugby in the Top 14 and the money being spent by the top teams over there is crazy. But since the money has come in the national team has taken a major hit as there players French born just aint to the standard of French players of the past. You now dont know what to expect playing against France they could well be great 1 week and struggle the next and lose.
England at the moment have the right mix but if the league goes down the French route to up the wage caps and so on and they go all out to bring in the top players from around the world then the English may have a problem that the French have in recent years. If a Irish team wins the European Cup then I honestly think that the big clubs in England and France will be looking to buy and spend more money. Weather that be a good thing or bad thing were yet to find out.
Wales , Scotland and Ireland while part of the Pro 12 is going the right way and I think there may come a time that these nations will be more and more competitive when it comes to playing against England and France and i can see them going more head to head against them than ever before.

Competitiveness requires ability to absorb injuries. England and France can absorb injuries far better than the other 4.

6th - Italy
4th + 5th - Wales and France in some order (caveat, it's France, anything might happen).

Top 3 will come down to whether Scotland can get the better of England at Murrayfield. If England win, they'll win the championship. If Scotland win, Ireland may nick it from England, as the Scots will have a bad day at some point.

I understand that the rules have been changed to prevent Hartley and Haskell looking utterly stupid when confronted by Italy knowing what they were allowed to do. England will win in Italy by at least 40.

Competitiveness requires ability to absorb injuries. England and France can absorb injuries far better than the other 4.

6th - Italy
4th + 5th - Wales and France in some order (caveat, it's France, anything might happen).

Top 3 will come down to whether Scotland can get the better of England at Murrayfield. If England win, they'll win the championship. If Scotland win, Ireland may nick it from England, as the Scots will have a bad day at some point.

I understand that the rules have been changed to prevent Hartley and Haskell looking utterly stupid when confronted by Italy knowing what they were allowed to do. England will win in Italy by at least 40.

Well only time will tell about how well England and France can deal with injuries. Crazy to think your worried about the away game in Murrayfield. When your going to Paris to play France. Italy should be a given. Your 2 home games against Wales and Ireland are by far the hardest games to have at home in 6 Nations. As Wales on there day can beat anyone in the World Rugby if they have a fully fit team. Same with Ireland those 2 games I could see any team winning by a 3 points . Sure it wont be long before it kicks off. Wonder what Big Gaz thinks about the Welsh chances.

Well only time will tell about how well England and France can deal with injuries. Crazy to think your worried about the away game in Murrayfield. When your going to Paris to play France. Italy should be a given. Your 2 home games against Wales and Ireland are by far the hardest games to have at home in 6 Nations. As Wales on there day can beat anyone in the World Rugby if they have a fully fit team. Same with Ireland those 2 games I could see any team winning by a 3 points . Sure it wont be long before it kicks off. Wonder what Big Gaz thinks about the Welsh chances.

I support Wales!

Rugby I will never turn to the Dark side.... As Rodney Marsh once said Footballers are superstars Rugby players are Fat Blokes with Cauliflower Ears

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.