It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Pep and the senior management to get what's right for the squad, but a hope we get business done early, with the world cup, then players going on holiday after the world cup, returning back to clubs late and missing pre-season. Let's get them signed before all that happens.

We need a left back, if Delph is going to be used in midfield, proper cover for Fernandino and a striker based on age and injury record of our current pair.
We have or will have 3 leftbacks by summer. Mendy, Delph and Zinchencko. Why on God's earth would we buy a fourth?

Hoping for Fred and Leon Bailey in the summer. If Bravo and/or Danilo want out then replace them with Gunn and Maffeo.

This.
if Bravo and Danilo want out, and replace them with Gunn and Maffeo, there will be 2 more free slot out 17 for non-homegrown. i would like to see Fabinho with the other two next summer. he can play both DM and RB.

gk - ederson, gunn
cb - otamendi, kompany, laporte, stones
rb - walker, maffeo
lb - mendy, delph, zinchenko
dm - dinho, fred, fabinho
cm - KDB, silva, bernardo, gundogan, foden
winger - sane, sterling, bailey, roberts
st - aguero, gabby, diaz

black - 17 non homegrown
bold - new player
blue - club home grown (min. 4)
red - nation home grown (min. 4)

Last edited:
This.
if Bravo and Danilo want out, and replace them with Gunn and Maffeo, there will be 2 more free slot out 17 for non-homegrown. i would like to see Fabinho with the other two next summer. he can play both DM and RB.

gk - ederson, gunn
rb - walker, maffeo
st - aguero, gabby, diaz

black - 17 non homegrown
bold - new player
You have 17 foreign, 4 Club trained and 5 association trained going into a squad of 25.

You have 17 foreign, 4 Club trained and 5 association trained going into a squad of 25.

then drop Roberts.
maybe Zinchenko too, because Fred can cover for LB, while Fabinho cover for RB.
one more slot for Mahrez then.

how about this? look solid huh.
there are lot of versatility among the players as they can play several position.

gk - ederson, gunn
rb - walker, maffeo
lb - mendy, delph
winger - sane, sterling, bailey, mahrez
st - aguero, gabby, diaz

black - 17 non homegrown
bold - new player

Last edited:
Delph/Danilo/oz just do the simple + basic things. They do it well but they lack the dynamism that we have at every other position so I think it’s ok for people to want another LB. Personally it’s at the bottom of my list but I wouldn’t scoff if we picked one up.
It's a fallacy that they lack the dynamism.

This.

gk - ederson, gunn
rb - walker, maffeo
st - aguero, gabby, diaz

black - 17 non homegrown
bold - new player
We ate not going to buy both Fred and Fabihno. It's one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.