Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I love our captain but Kompany offers absolutely nothing all game for our build up. Everything stops with him and the build up becomes so slow. It's no coincidence that the Burnley players target him all game with their high press. Our build up play against Burnley and against West Brom was night and day when compared. Now that Laporte's here, there's no reason for Vinny to start anymore. And before people start shouting 'aerial threats', it is one of Laporte's strength.

A million miles off it in terms of composure and passing ability. But he is just coming back from injury and it takes time so not judging him just yet. His defending has always been his strength but he usually is more composed than he was today. Stood out like a sore thumb at times.

Gave the ball away too much. He is bound to be rusty but I fear that our requirements for CB have changed during his time out of the team and he really looks out of place.

A million miles off it in terms of composure and passing ability. But he is just coming back from injury and it takes time so not judging him just yet. His defending has always been his strength but he usually is more composed than he was today. Stood out like a sore thumb at times.
I really don't think you can use the "he's just coming back from injury" excuse for a guy who is literally always just coming back from injury. It becomes a moot point, his ability just back from injury is all that really matters

Walker cost us 2 points as he was too busy watching the ball to notice someone running behind him.. Also seems to have a shit moment defensively almost every game. The goal, slipping on his arse vs Lennon and playing Mee onside being todays examples

No he didn't, need to look at the other end of the pitch to see where the points were lost

I feel it's in his head he feels he's going to be injured every game now due to this I think he's scared of going in to challenges full on and seems to have lost a yard of pace, all good things come to an end and I'm sorry to say I think his is very near true club legend though

They targeted him because of his lack of ability with the ball. In this system every player needs to be able to control and pass the ball under pressure and sadly Vinnie can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.