Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added a bit of strength to our team and is always a leader.

Far and away the best 4th choice CB in the prem!

Whether we want to be paying those wages for a 4th choice is another question but anyone complaining, should watch the Arsenal v Everton game and see who our previous 4th choice was.

Added a bit of strength to our team and is always a leader.

Far and away the best 4th choice CB in the prem!

Whether we want to be paying those wages for a 4th choice is another question but anyone complaining, should watch the Arsenal v Everton game and see who our previous 4th choice was.
I don't believe anyone is complaining but simply critiquing his performance yesterday.

Vinny did Ok , but there were some glaring errors that we simply do not associate with our leader and captain , there is definitely a decline and i think mainly due to his mobility , still reads the game well and has good distribution and is a leader , but when fully fit , never thought i would ever say this , he is not now a first choice. His contract runs out in 2020 i think , and i dont think the club would be offering an extension on his current terms , but hopefully the club will not discard him and involve him on the coaching side when he does hang up his boots.

He was shot at 75 minutes Yesterday.
Not on his own by any stretch but he started to drop deeper which invited them on and we started going long for almost the first time this season.

We looked dead on our feet by the end .
You can see why we fancied mahrez.

I can see Vinny retiring in the summer , I think he is trying to get fit for the world cup but if that doesn't work out then I think he will retire . It won't be the end of Vinny at City tho I can see him moving upstairs and shadowing the upper management team gaining experience in that side of the game, he won't be glad handing and having his photo taken as an ambassador in the tunnel club !!

The whole game changed after the stupid header he made near the touch line and Burnley got a chance off the back of it. They started to realise we weren’t at it and could be got st from that moment on.

The whole game changed after the stupid header he made near the touch line and Burnley got a chance off the back of it. They started to realise we weren’t at it and could be got st from that moment on.
Kompany was fine.

Burnley were playing lump ball - lump it from the back, toss it into the box if possible from throw-ins. And it was fairly effective; out-skilled by far, put it in the air - a 50-50 ball, and hope for luck following the hoped-for knock-down. They weren't going to alter tactics as this was pretty much the best shot they had at scoring.
======
The game wasn't lost in the defensive end - it was lost on offense - we missed several great scoring opportunities (but, yeah, if Walker were more alert we might have come away with all three points despite offensive problems).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.