Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you basing that on? The one time we saw him there and he pinged the ball to sterlings head to Score?
He wasn't playing as a left winger then, he was roaming all over the pitch to find space (what he's best at). Stuck out on the left wing, hugging the touchline, he'd be bordering on useless as he's not got the pace to go down the outside like Sane and he can't cut inside as he'd be going onto his weaker foot. He'd be incredibly easy to defend against

He wasn't playing as a left winger then, he was roaming all over the pitch to find space (what he's best at). Stuck out on the left wing, hugging the touchline, he'd be bordering on useless as he's not got the pace to go down the outside like Sane and he can't cut inside as he'd be going onto his weaker foot. He'd be incredibly easy to defend against
I didn’t say he played left wing then, I said it was th only time we saw him in that position and he delivered a wicked cross. We haven’t seen him play left wing so I wasn’t sure why you would say he would be shit there. I’d like to see it, even if it’s onlynfor periods of the game to switch it up a little. Silva doesn’t need pace, he has quick feet nd can shift it quickly to deliver the ball plus when we concentrate the play near the opponent area he is more likely to pick out a pass from the left than sterling is.

He doesn't play in the middle because we don't have other wingers. Pep also wants to make Gundogan-Kevin a midfield pairing that works (when Silva is out) whether that combo will be effective or click in the long hall is up in the air still.

Alternatives are play Diaz LW and Sterling RW, Bernardo in the middle, then drop one of Kevin and Gundogan. OR
Play Kevin LW, Sterling RW, to get Bernardo in the middle. Would need to play in such a way that Kevin has license to come inside regularly with the fullback (Danilo) stretching the pitch.

continually sticking him out on the right wing despite it being clear to everyone it's not working very well. Needs to find a clever tweak to get Bernardo inside to make it work.
Agreed - but Mendy's injury has screwed up everything.

We function far better with pacy wingers on each side. B. Silva is far better used centrally/roaming.

But this season, we're kind of stuck.

continually sticking him out on the right wing despite it being clear to everyone it's not working very well. Needs to find a clever tweak to get Bernardo inside to make it work.
If you were to ask me Bernatdo should play left, Sterling on the right. But there must be some reason he doesnt and not being clever isnt one of them because playing wingers on their right side is usually Peps default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.