Our left hand side.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
I’ve been wondering about this since Sane got injured, it seems that the current solution is to put Sterling on the left and Bernardo on the right. The problem being that Sterling is not as effective there, as such we are weakening our right hand side as well. Personally I would rather keep Sterling on the right and fill Sane’s position with someone else, one option may be Zinch but another would be Silva and letting Bernardo take a central role with KDB.
What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely agree. Bernardo is also left footed and is completely inaffective on the right.

I, ve been wondering about this since Sane got injured, it seems that the current solution is to out Sterling on the left an Bernardo in the right. The problem being that Sterling is not as effective there, as such we are weakening our right hand side as well.
personally I would rather keep Sterling on the right and fill Sane, s position with someone else, one option may be Zinch but another would be Silva and letting Bernardo take a central role with KDB.
What are your thoughts.

What's wrong with playing Diaz there?

What's wrong with playing Diaz there?
Absolutely nothing wrong but I feel Pep may be a little reluctant due to his lack of experience, the same can be said of Zinch as well. We seem to have options that we are not using, as pointed out Bernardo could play on the left and stretch play as well. It just seems odd to take away from Sterlings effectiveness at this point.

I, ve been wondering about this since Sane got injured, it seems that the current solution is to out Sterling on the left an Bernardo in the right. The problem being that Sterling is not as effective there, as such we are weakening our right hand side as well.
personally I would rather keep Sterling on the right and fill Sane, s position with someone else, one option may be Zinch but another would be Silva and letting Bernardo take a central role with KDB.
What are your thoughts.
Agreed

Totally agree. When sterling plays poorly, it is almost always on the left. Yeh he does the odd thing like cut in and score eg Southampton, but he is so so much more effective on the right. Hopefully it’ll be only for another month, but if Zinchenko is lb I’d play merlin on the left so he can play further in, and if Danilo or Delph play then play Bernardo there to stay wide. We are not stretching the play as wide as we have and that’s down to the wide men being on an unnatural side. I know Bernardo likes playing on the right but so did sane before pep got his hands on him

----------------------------Aguero

Zinc/Diaz---------------------------------------Sterling
-----------------KDB----------------Either Silva
-----------------------------Fern

For me.

Raheem's half the player on the left.

If we could spare him at left back i'd try Zinch on the left wing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.