F.A.CUP 5th round draw (Wigan [A])

Nice manipulation of fixtures to give us a Monday night game and give Le Arse a few more days rest for the LC final.

What are you on about? Not everything is a conspiracy against us ... Arse play Europa league on Thursday (after their fa cup tie) and befor the final on Sunday ... and we probably asked for a later tie as we have Champions League on Tue ... so you wanted to play on Fri after that??

Another lifelong Wiganer here who has never heard of a slappy, somebody is having a joke I think.

Also, on the link he says that the term "pie eater" is recent....nonsense, as we all know it goes back to the miners strike of the 1920's and has nothing to do with pies.

66 years a Wigginer - nehr eard of a slappie!
Pie eater is from 50's - nowt to do with the miners strike. That was made up on Wiki by a Sentelinner.

we've actually been given a great rest after champs league and FA cup and before the final, 5-6 days between both

What are you on about? Not everything is a conspiracy against us ... Arse play Europa league on Thursday (after their fa cup tie) and befor the final on Sunday ... and we probably asked for a later tie as we have Champions League on Tue ... so you wanted to play on Fri after that??

I stand corrected. I thought they were on same European match weeks as us.

I stand corrected. I thought they were on same European match weeks as us.
The Europa League have to pack Round of 32 and Round of 16 matches into the same time interval as the Champions League Round of 16.

Didn't Forest knock them out?

Good to see Foden and Stones back in training. Still have so many games and tough ones at that. Need to beat Leicester with the Rags then playing Chelsea when we play league cup semi. Basel and Wigan are both games we can win with a bit of rotation - Pep will want to try and put the game beyond them in the away leg.

Wigan we can bring Foden and Stones in for. Would like to see Foden playing wide right as he did so well in that position in u17 world cup. See him as a no10 eventually but for now that would be a good position for him. Or even wide left considering he is good woth both feetm

66 years a Wigginer - nehr eard of a slappie!
Pie eater is from 50's - nowt to do with the miners strike. That was made up on Wiki by a Sentelinner.

Similar age to you and I first heard the miners explanation as a young man and that well pre dates wiki.

I suspect the definitive reason will never be aired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.