City ask for hearing with PGMOL over 9 tackles

that were only 7th most fouled team says it all the bent bastards only give us free kicks after attempted murder
In a way it reflects a few things such as teams defending the edge of the box therefore wanting to avoid pens and free kicks. It reflects the speed we move the ball rather than running with it, this inviting the tackle. It’s less the number of fouls but the recklessness of some of them that are either not seen or wrongly sanctioned.

In a way it reflects a few things such as teams defending the edge of the box therefore wanting to avoid pens and free kicks. It reflects the speed we move the ball rather than running with it, this inviting the tackle. It’s less the number of fouls but the recklessness of some of them that are either not seen or wrongly sanctioned.
I think some of it is also the fact we are normally breaking fast when the fouls commited so he plays the advantage and also if sterling is fouled they don't give it

Yes 100% VAR. I’m not sure anyone thought the Bennett one was a straight red at the time. Looked a yellow in real time on TV from the camera angle. It was only the closer view from a different angle showed how bad it was. As for the others e.g. Matt Phillips that was a clear as day red.

I think that is the perfect role for VAR as decisions can be made without holding up the game.

Same here with regards Bennett. It never looked that bad until you se the still of the contact with Sanes ankle. VAR would have assisted us there rather than a few championships sides weeks later.

It has been this way for years but more pronounced now. Teams I think foul us less because were never engaged in say midfield battles etc as teams concede ground to us immediately, and focus on keeping there shape on the edge of there box so are more concious of fouling.

Last edited:
I agree with what you’re saying but I think they hope it would act as a deterrent to committing the fouls in the first place - unless you’re Troy Deeney and you fancy Christmas and New Year off...

In all honesty a three match ban is little deterrent you only have to look at players who are prepared to get booked for back chat, taking their shirt off when they score they are happy to run the gauntlet of risking a three match ban. Maybe if a cup final was round the corner they would view it differentlt

It’s time we dealt with this issue. We should be complaining about 10. I’d add Bournmouth’s Daniels on Gabby Jesus. Gabby was sent flying by that one. Was he given just a yellow?
I’d fully support re-visiting yellows and
unpunished dangerous fouls.
Pfft ref gave a throw-in, apparently not even a foul.

I think Pep needs a little help in all this, a still small voice of calm or whatever. It would be so sad if all these injuries ruined our season but somehow Pep needs to keep a lid on his frustrations.

One factor bubbling beneath is the players’ understandable determination to be fit for the World Cup and this will affect our best players most. A shame that more of our ‘junior’ players haven’t been fully blooded and I wonder whether any loanees could have been brought back, e.g Maffeo.

I agree with one of the posts above that City could benefit from a couple of ‘hard’ men in the squad.

I’m sure a nice comfortable win against Leicester today would make us all feel better.

Danny Murphy.

I watched a bit of The Debate with Murphy and Joleon Lescott last night. Murphy appears to have done a complete about face from his earlier opinion that City's opponents should 'leave one in' and now calls for protection from thuggish assaults which he acknowledged our players are receiving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.