Does anyone work in recruitment? (interview advice)

borassic

I've recently decided a change in career is in need and have a 3rd interview for a recruitment firm within the digital sector on Tuesday.

I've been asked to present to a couple of the directors...

The presentation brief is....How would you approach your first 3 months in Recruitment? How would you quantify it?

Has anyone had this? If so some advice would be great.

Cheers

Try opening the presentation by bricking the directors' office windows and torching their cars.

I've recently decided a change in career is in need and have a 3rd interview for a recruitment firm within the digital sector on Tuesday.

The presentation brief is....How would you approach your first 3 months in Recruitment? How would you quantify it?

Cheers

iirc try @Didsbury Dave mate.

best of luck

You need to find something that makes you stand out above the other candidate's, I, d suggest doing the whole presentation wearing a wizards hat whike having your cock out.

I work in Recruitment in Account Management.

I suppose it depends on whether you’re doing 360 Rec or Delivery but I’d certainly focus on the following:

Building relationships - this is the most important part. You need clients and good ones that trust you or you won’t simply won’t bill any money. I was given a new account to deliver into recently so within days I was onsite in front of every manager I had roles coming out of chatting informally. Building trust and informing them about the market.. you need to convince them you know what you’re talking about, so study the jobs and industry inside out.

Similarly if you’re doing 360 then candidates need to trust you, they also talk so if you’re covering a certain position, learn it inside out. Go to events/talks/meetups, don’t be afraid to ask candidates about their experience in the market.

The first three months is all about building a pipeline and setting yourself up for success. Cement key contacts you can make money with and become an expert by taking additional time away from the day-to-day tasks to learn more about the industry you’re covering thoroughly.

To get up to speed on IT jobs you need to buy Ayub Shaikh’s book, he does a training course called Holistica and it’s fucking brilliant. The course costs shitloads so just buy the book and read it.

I hope some of this at least helped but please feel free to ask anything else.

Cheers

I can help you if you want, mate.

I work in Recruitment in Account Management.

I suppose it depends on whether you’re doing 360 Rec or Delivery but I’d certainly focus on the following:

Building relationships - this is the most important part. You need clients and good ones that trust you or you won’t simply won’t bill any money. I was given a new account to deliver into recently so within days I was onsite in front of every manager I had roles coming out of chatting informally. Building trust and informing them about the market.. you need to convince them you know what you’re talking about, so study the jobs and industry inside out.

Similarly if you’re doing 360 then candidates need to trust you, they also talk so if you’re covering a certain position, learn it inside out. Go to events/talks/meetups, don’t be afraid to ask candidates about their experience in the market.

The first three months is all about building a pipeline and setting yourself up for success. Cement key contacts you can make money with and become an expert by taking additional time away from the day-to-day tasks to learn more about the industry you’re covering thoroughly.

To get up to speed on IT jobs you need to buy Ayub Shaikh’s book, he does a training course called Holistica and it’s fucking brilliant. The course costs shitloads so just buy the book and read it.

I hope some of this at least helped but please feel free to ask anything else.
Thanks very much for that!

Good luck with it! Great recruiters are hard to find. As a client, I value recruiters being straight with me ....if what I'm after doesn't exist or I'm not paying enough or whatever, I'd want to know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.