Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Ferdi gets a knock or suspension or perhaps more importantly if we need to five him a break i would like to see Otamendhi in there and lalaporte and stones at centre half. He has tenacity to break up play and his ability to bring it out from the back has improved massively. He is Gattuso like.

Has to be the first CB in team of the season. Miles better than any other in the league this season.

When Ferdi gets a knock or suspension or perhaps more importantly if we need to five him a break i would like to see Otamendhi in there and lalaporte and stones at centre half. He has tenacity to break up play and his ability to bring it out from the back has improved massively. He is Gattuso like.
He isn't as good under pressure with his back to the opposition though. Probably better to play either Stones, Laporte, Gundogan or Debryune there over Ota. He is mmuch better with the Freedom playing CB affords you on the ball. Without that, I reckon he might have a tougher time.

Otamendi has a lot of quality but I fear his errors and mistakes will cost us bigtime at some stage....I hope I am wrong.

You could write that for any player.
Apart from his brain fart which led to their goal, I thought he had another solid game. Clearly our best CB right now
Improved so so much under Pep, a different player to the liability of 2 seasons ago.

I don't actually think the error was that bad. Not good either, but a lot needed to happen still before it led to the goal.

On the whole I felt he had a very strong performance, he and Ederson combined really well to snuff out Leicester's counter attacking.

You could write that for any player.
Apart from his brain fart which led to their goal, I thought he had another solid game. Clearly our best CB right now

Feels bit silly to blame their goal on him as well. Aguero fucked up, then Otamendi, then Zinchenko, then Gundogan. It was a comedy of errors really and they all deserve part of the blame.

Feels bit silly to blame their goal on him as well. Aguero fucked up, then Otamendi, then Zinchenko, then Gundogan. It was a comedy of errors really and they all deserve part of the blame.
He was unlucky too, the error came after a rather excellent piece of defending on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.