Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Just got back. Superb from Kevin and good half time team talk. Sergio, the statue must be on order! Eddie like an extra man. Thought Zinny was targeted a little today and good substitution from Pep. Bernardo grows game by game. I can’t wait to see Foden get some full games reckon he might take some shifting. Such a critical game today and you could see the players knew that. Kevin trying to get the crowd going but was a little flat again until we hit the fourth. Mind you the weather didn’t help. Great win and we move onto the next game. Well done lads.

Aguero. Silva. De Bruyne. Should all be in the PFA team of the year. You could make a case for Ederson, and Fernandinho.
Fernandhino should be the first named in his position, as there is nobody who does what he does in any other team.

Watch the highlights back today, just how much space does he get, all the time, nobody in his position gets that much space.

Sloppy first half - Back in the grove for the second.
KDB and Sergio great.
Gundogan our weak link - he is so right footed it's untrue.
Foden' s cameo at the end was excellent.
11 games left and at least 13 points clear.

looked invigorated from having the week off, a tempo we haven't seen as much of for a while. Really impressive for the most part, a few defensive lapses and first-half final ball and decision making was slightly iffy, but Kev just decided to have some fun 2nd half and we cruised home.

oh...and "we're all singing Edin Dzeko, Edin Dzeko, Edin bleeding Dzeko, Dzeko Dzeko Edin, Edin Dzeko, Dzeko Edin". Only overshadowed by the Ranieri/Mancini spat, hope it was just the Foxes fans singing about Mancini in retaliation, because it was patently untrue.

I like Kasper - decent long kicker
If you mean he has a "decent hoof" yeah perhaps, but the %age of those is shit. However he must have kicked 7 or 8 GK's straight out of play today, which just surrenders possession, and that is criminal against a team like City.

I thought he was awful, despite a couple of decent saves, contrast with our keeper who didn't have a meaningful save, yet had an all round excellent game.

Oh - I forgot to thank Puel for going 4 at the back at half time rather than sticking at 5. We'd bave got another couple of goals but 4 is down to Puel.

Totally agree people have tinted specs when you call out Aguero. He was pants in the 1st half not breaking sweat loosing the ball. The Leicester goal started from him up top the the rest of the Kamakazee defending finished off. No doubt at HT Sergio & others got a bollocking & rightly so they deserved it.

The 2nd half was outstanding with Agueroo unstoppable like he can be when his head is down working his knackers off.

I know he has 197 goals & 2 hatricks this year but for me he just has dropped his level a touch & that's the difference in winning the League or doing at least the double.

Please don't Slag me off it's my opinion & I love Aguero but I just think there is a little more he can give & if that happens the League can be won b 4 we play UTD & win Aguero the golden boot, team of the year & League & Cup double come May.
I can see where your coming from. He had a poor first half, he isn't as quick as he was, may have lost a yard or two of pace. When you consider the injury to jesus and the amount of games he's had to play without rest and today to go on with an incredible second half performance. Does the first half matter. If only he was 24 now, playing under Pep!

What a brilliant second half display. Glad to have at least seen it in the flesh, so to speak, as the other games I’ve been to this season made me think I was watching a different team live than the one I’d seen on telly (Newcastle away, for example).

And what a player we’ve got in De Bruyne. That pass for the second goal was something quite special. Taking out three defenders with a cut back from the byline is one thing, but doing it mid stride curling the ball outside one defender and inside two others is just unbelievable.

Colin Bell would walk into this team, but was he better than KDB?

Impossible to say. Both wonderful players.
Indeed.

Bell was the complete midfielder. He could tackle hard and win possession asbwell as scoring goals at a faster rate than KDB. He could also create chances and dominate the midfield.

However Kevin is much better in his current role than Bell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.