City ask for hearing with PGMOL over 9 tackles

What's the point? PGMOL declared open season on City players after the derby.
Of course there is a point to it, it will make all parties be more cautious.

I think its already done a job today, firstly there were no really bad tackles on our players, and the one cynical hack, by maguire on KdB earned an immediate booking, it was poor, but more professional than dangerous.

I think highlighting it will benefit us in general, though we need to be cautious that ours will be more severely punished as a result.

Leaving aside the posters above trying to score points on side issues and points

The thread is over City wanting a meeting with Riley and co, citing x9 challenges

Not one of those challenges received a red card, all from various fully accredited

refs, all thought to be at top of their game, in view of riley as reffing premiership.

I've not seen all the coverage however the high majority of tv presenters confirmed

red card challenges. So the question is how and or why are these refs not viewing

these as red card challenges. In my view we should simply first ask riley how many

of these challenges does he, albeit with slow mo and different angles view as reds.

If he agrees majority are, then he needs to answer the second question, how & why?

Some of these refs and their assistants can "see" player 2 inches offside the other

side of the pitch, although seen to be incorrect, yet they cannot "see" red card challenge

x10 yards in front of them.

Our last home was a disgrace of a performance from all the officials. Just disgraceful.

I would have thought majority of refs reffing City home games should have a better chance

of being in best position to view challenges as they spend most of the game only having to

run x25 yards backwards and forwards due to our possession in opposition half stats........!
I read this post as performative poetry—it really put some meat on the bones.

If KDB or similar has his career ended from a horrendous tackle it will end up in court. Imagine then it had been highlighted previously & ignored by Riley & co & the shite from his career gets dragged up.

I would imagine this request for a meeting was sent from the legal dept & not ona party invitation.

It’s time we dealt with this issue. We should be complaining about 10. I’d add Bournmouth’s Daniels on Gabby Jesus. Gabby was sent flying by that one. Was he given just a yellow?
I’d fully support re-visiting yellows and
unpunished dangerous fouls.
No foul was given.

Let’s turn this a little about face, it’s not too difficult to imagine this scenario:

It’s the penultimate game of the season, WBA are fighting a relegation battle and need 3 points desperately. The same kind of career threatening challenge goes in on the opposition’s striker, who gets away with being stretchered off with a clean, single fracture to his tibia.

Would the BBC dismiss this as ‘the type of tackle that any defender makes’?
No! WBA are playing Spurs in this game and Harry Hotspur is out of the World Cup.

Manchester City fan sites warned you, NBCSN warned you, Manchester City F.C. warned you, BBC Sport dismissed it as did PGMOL

So long as it wasn’t a career ending break and only a relatively simple, clean break and he’s back for October I would love that.

Of course there is a point to it, it will make all parties be more cautious.

I think its already done a job today, firstly there were no really bad tackles on our players, and the one cynical hack, by maguire on KdB earned an immediate booking, it was poor, but more professional than dangerous.

I think highlighting it will benefit us in general, though we need to be cautious that ours will be more severely punished as a result.
Totally agree there was bookings today that would not have been last week,and it was a pretty clean game today

If KDB or similar has his career ended from a horrendous tackle it will end up in court. Imagine then it had been highlighted previously & ignored by Riley & co & the shite from his career gets dragged up.

I would imagine this request for a meeting was sent from the legal dept & not ona party invitation.

Nailed it, City are not going to stand by and have their investment taken apart by these tosspots. Right thing to do, teams will think twice.

Think the tackles from behind when players are running at pace are thuggery of the highest order and we should fight it everytime. Fcuk the corrupt bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.