Sunday Supplement 17/18

It's saying something though isn't it about the shower of arseholes they have on the programme that more often than not, Neil fucking Ashton is the most reasonable person at the table. Sunday Supplement literally used to be my favourite TV programme, in the last couple of years I have got to the point where it makes me so angry that I can't watch it. Now I have a brief moment when I wake up on a Sunday where I think "City were great yesterday, it'll be nice to watch SS" then I soon get that moment of clarity where I remember that it doesn't matter what we do, the reality is that it is going to be people finding ways of being negative about us. I then come on here, read that they have done the usual hatchet job on us and delete it from my planner. The only journalists they have on there who are able to be impartial and prepared to give us an even break seem to be Martin Samuel, Oliver Holt and Henry Winter.

Samuel is head and shoulders

Samuel is head and shoulders
He is but I do like Holt as well. The thing is, they are both prepared to have a go at us when we deserve it and that's great. I don't want to listen to journalists blowing smoke up our arse for the sake of it, I just want to watch balanced and intelligent journalists and not just a table of people who hate us trying to find any reason at all to give us shit. That Rudd is horrific, literally the worst one on there and that takes some fucking doing. She makes Neil Custis look reasonable and balanced.

He is but I do like Holt as well. The thing is, they are both prepared to have a go at us when we deserve it and that's great. I don't want to listen to journalists blowing smoke up our arse for the sake of it, I just want to watch balanced and intelligent journalists and not just a table of people who hate us trying to find any reason at all to give us shit. That Rudd is horrific, literally the worst one on there and that takes some fucking doing. She makes Neil Custis look reasonable and balanced.

Agree with all of that pal

MCFC are not owned by a country.... we are part of the Abu Dhabi Group. Abu Dhabi is a state in the UAE. It is not a effing country. Ignorance at its best yet again.
Correct Abu Dhabi is an Emirate which is one of 7 that makes up the country of the UAE
Being pedantic the majority owner is Abu Dhabi United ABU which is owned totally by Sheikh Mansour as a private investment

There seems to be a situation that has developed where if Pep (or City as a club) raise an issue, other fans and most journalists seem to deliberately misunderstand the point that has been made and then a completely different point (the one they have randomly attributed) gets picked apart and Pep or the club gets hammered on a point they weren't even making. Either they are deliberately misunderstanding in order to paint us in a bad light or the majority of people I see discussing anything to do with us are very very stupid indeed. I can't stand a lot of the sports journalists in this country but I don't for one minute think most of them are stupid so I can only think it is all deliberate. I find it extremely frustrating and incredibly bizarre tbh.

It is pure xenophobia. Arrogant snobby flash Spaniard telling us, who invented the game, how it should be played and wanting us to change. I think one of them did mention he may have a point as Internationally our way has won us fuck all for 52 years. The fa should be beating a path to Pep's door. In fact I would force Southgate to work the rest of the season with him if we allowed it.

As for Rudd.....the average fan in the pub has more knowledge and personality than that clown!

They are still jumping on that comment by Pep that he doesn't teach tackling in training & somehow inferring from that, that Pep wants all tackling banned. Are these supposedly intelligent journalists being serious to even think that any coach not just Pep spends time in training teaching their players in how to tackle. By the time a player has broken into the first team, if that player doesn't already know how to tackle then what hope is there for them. Work on defensive shape & organization by all means & where to position oneself at set pieces but teaching professional players how to tackle FFS. I can just imagine Pep taking Kompany or Otamendi to one side for an hour during each training session & saying "Listen guys when you are running side by side with an opposing forward this is how you tackle them". The mind boggles that these journalists seem to think that's what goes on in training.
Disagree. Scholes managed to play for several years without knowing how to tackle!

;-)

its jealousy.. their traditional top 4 were broken by a man that happens to be a muslim multi billionaire..its pure unadulterated racism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.