Steve Coogan

Great scene with Paul Calf walking down a street, perhaps in Rochdale. All the passersby avoid the Hare Krishna group recruiting in their orange robes.

Paul walks over to them, next scene he and the HK monks are all in a minibus dressed in sky blue robes singing who the fuck are Man United.

Paul (To Fat Bob): It's like the Moonies, but wi' shaggin'!

And later...

Pauline (after knocking out one of the Parry brothers with a shovel): Hasta la vista, you twat!

I'm under the impression he's a Rag.

I've got the 'Paul and Pauline Calf's Cheese and Ham Sandwich' DVD, and there are a couple of digs at City. Pauline is talking about her husband, Fat Bob, being crushed to death when a car jack collapsed:

" I keep getting reminded of him when I find his stuff in the house. I found his mug the other day; he used to love that mug. It was covered in chips, but he said he'd never find another like it - it said 'Man City - League Champions'!"

As Paul Calf, he is singing. On stage is a MEN headline board (the wording escapes me). He tears off the existing headline, to reveal words like 'Official - City Still Shit'.

When I watched it a few months ago, I couldn't help wonder if he's watched it himself recently!

I don't know whether that is a good thing or not. Knowing Me, Know You and I'm Alan Partridge were genius. Those series were the peak of comedy, IMO. However, it cannot be improved. It can only be worse.

The Mid Morning Matters were patchy, Alpha Papa was not that great, the 'autobiography' [especially audio version] was brilliant, didn't think much of the last book. This sounds like it could be a bit shit.

Paul (To Fat Bob): It's like the Moonies, but wi' shaggin'!

And later...

Pauline (after knocking out one of the Parry brothers with a shovel): Hasta la vista, you twat!

I've got the 'Paul and Pauline Calf's Cheese and Ham Sandwich' DVD, and there are a couple of digs at City. Pauline is talking about her husband, Fat Bob, being crushed to death when a car jack collapsed:

" I keep getting reminded of him when I find his stuff in the house. I found his mug the other day; he used to love that mug. It was covered in chips, but he said he'd never find another like it - it said 'Man City - League Champions'!"

As Paul Calf, he is singing. On stage is a MEN headline board (the wording escapes me). He tears off the existing headline, to reveal words like 'Official - City Still Shit'.

When I watched it a few months ago, I couldn't help wonder if he's watched it himself recently!

Coogan is deffinately a rag, but Calf was a parody/homage of a certain type of mancunian and so naturally had to be a city fan.
I known a few real life Paul Calf types in my time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.