Steve Coogan

The Mid Morning Matters were patchy, Alpha Papa was not that great, the 'autobiography' [especially audio version] was brilliant, didn't think much of the last book. This sounds like it could be a bit shit.

I haven't read those books but agree about Alpha Papa and Mid Morning Matters. The latter was very much 'seen it before'. Would rather he developed a new character.

He's a complete twat and I think he knows it. He was perfect playing Tony Wilson in 24 hour party people as they are cut from the same cloth.

Partridge is pure genius though.

Coogan doesn't give a shit about football but his family are reds.

I knew Martin Coogan was a red and Steve has mentioned in interviews going to the swamp, and being an occassional fan, but not avid. I still think when he wanted to create a mancunian scallywag charactor, it was natural to make him blue.

All student haters ?

You don't have to be Calfian to do. that ;-)

But I have know a few mates who the opening lines of video diary suit that description.

The Mid Morning Matters were patchy, Alpha Papa was not that great, the 'autobiography' [especially audio version] was brilliant, didn't think much of the last book. This sounds like it could be a bit shit.
I thought Mid Morning Matters was mostly excellent, personally. The second audiobook was pretty good but I agree, nowhere near as good as the first one which is as good as anything he's done IMO. I'm not convinced the film should have been made, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it was always going to be poor by the standards of the rest of the Partridge stuff. I liked Scissored Isle which I think was the last thing he did, makes me think he's still in decent form and this next thing should be decent.

My partner used to work with one of his exes many years ago and then a few years later we bumped into them coming out of a restaurant and we were introduced to him. My partner was so star struck she giggled nervously and said "Hi, I'm Steve". Coogan raised his eyebrows, politely shook her hand and turned away. I always enjoy reminding her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.