2019-2022 Premier League TV Rights

MCFC1993

5 of the 7 packages sold, 4 to Sky, 1 to BT for a combined £4.5bn.

Not sure how this compares to previous years but I wish Sky would have bought them all and ended BT.

Interestingly multiple bidders are interested in the final 2 packages, don't know whether that is just BT and Sky or this is where Facebook or Amazon come into it.

I wonder how much of that £4.5 billion was to get the rights to Bournemouth v Palace and other similar slobberknockers.

There was me under the impression that BT were out for domination. Their coverage is shite and the games they get are generally awful.

so down half a billion compared to a similar amount of games in the previous rights, but the extra 2 bundles will probably bring it up to the same amount. The TV rights have peaked and those who are running their clubs based on that revenue need to change their business models in the next 3 seasons.

so down half a billion compared to a similar amount of games in the previous rights, but the extra 2 bundles will probably bring it up to the same amount. The TV rights have peaked and those who are running their clubs based on that revenue need to change their business models in the next 3 seasons.

They've peaked domestically (mainly due to the public not wanting to be conned by subscription packages anymore), probably still some wiggle room internationally though.

I can see Amazon bidding for one of the other 2 as it will be simultaneous streaming across all 10 matches, so they will be able to showcase all 20 teams as a special event on their network. Rather than one of the other packages where they'd be obliged to show non-interesting fixtures and that wouldn't draw to a streaming platform. So I can see those midweek bundles being fiercely competitive.

They've peaked domestically (mainly due to the public not wanting to be conned by subscription packages anymore), probably still some wiggle room internationally though.

Leicester were operating at 80% TV revenue from their title winning season from what I recall, it's too big and dangerous if it goes down.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday games all on one weekend or am I reading this wrong?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.