Micah Richards

I was just watching some highlight videos of 2011/12 season and wondered what his situation at Villa was. Had a look on Villa Talk on his thread, some aren't too happy he's picking up a wage as a dressing room clown but a fair few are happy enough if he's keeping morale up with his personality. A real odd situation.

He must be of some football use - even if only as an emergency striker when they're losing with ten minutes to go.

What has happened to Micah? He was an absolute beast, sometimes brainless but I put that down to inexperience. I look at Kyle walker these days and he is the player I thought Micah would become.

He's a wonderful example of a young player who stood out because he was quicker and stronger than others his age. He nearly turned around a youth cup final against Liverpool single handed when he came back for the second leg having been away with the first team for the first leg at Anfield. While his athleticism held up he was a great defender in a middling team. When his fitness started to decline, he couldn't keep his place in a good team and now he can't get in a crap team. He does illustrate perfectly the gulf between youth team football and the game at the top level. He bridged it but he couldn't stay there because his game was based on his physical prowess. Kyle Walker is a much better footballer with similar attributes of speed and strength but on the left we've been successfully playing two much smaller and slower players.

To me, Stuart Pearce's worst decision. He kept Richards out of the first leg of the youth cup final (played on a Friday night) to play him in a meaningless end of season 0-0 at West Ham on the Saturday and we lost 3-0 at Anfield.
He was immense in the 2nd leg and fuck knows how we only won 2-0..... i truly believe with Richards in the 1st leg we would never have lost 3-0.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a wonderful example of a young player who stood out because he was quicker and stronger than others his age. He nearly turned around a youth cup final against Liverpool single handed when he came back for the second leg having been away with the first team for the first leg at Anfield. While his athleticism held up he was a great defender in a middling team. When his fitness started to decline, he couldn't keep his place in a good team and now he can't get in a crap team. He does illustrate perfectly the gulf between youth team football and the game at the top level. He bridged it but he couldn't stay there because his game was based on his physical prowess. Kyle Walker is a much better footballer with similar attributes of speed and strength but on the left we've been successfully playing two much smaller and slower players.

He was reliant on strength & athleticism but that's hardly surprising for an English centre half.

We can see tonight how just a percentage of Kompny's ahleticism going, has caused him to make so many wrong decisions faced with a bit of pace.

David Silva will be fairly shit when he slows down 20% and Aguero will have retired.

He was reliant on strength & athleticism but that's hardly surprising for an English centre half.

We can see tonight how just a percentage of Kompny's ahleticism going, has caused him to make so many wrong decisions faced with a bit of pace.

David Silva will be fairly shit when he slows down 20% and Aguero will have retired.

brutal and wrong on Silva he doesn't need physicality to be a pass master

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.