Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent Kompany on possibly leaving City in the summer: "That’s not even a debate. If I stay fit, I’ll want to play football at City. And if I’m not fit, I won’t have other options. I don’t know if I could muster the same motivation elsewhere."

Vincent Kompany on possibly leaving City in the summer: "That’s not even a debate. If I stay fit, I’ll want to play football at City. And if I’m not fit, I won’t have other options. I don’t know if I could muster the same motivation elsewhere."

Legend! There should always be a role at City for Vinny.

Once a Blue.......

Some quality game time and a truck load of luck to stay injury free should see Captain Vinny back to his World class best.

The depth of quality in that answer is comforting and saddening at the same time :(

I couldn't watch last night. How did Vinnie play?

Quite well. Had to cover Otamendi a couple of times and there were some challenges, especially when he went to ground, where your heart was. In your mouth, but he generally did okay. The defence was a little shaky at times last night, particularly early on, but that may have been because Delph and Otamendi didn’t look 100% fit and took time to settle. Both seemed to be wearing support tapes on their legs.

I couldn't watch last night. How did Vinnie play?

I think that depends on how people perceive Kompany's position in the squad.

Compared to the other 3, he's poor on the ball - the passing is a lot slower, he takes a too many touches and that slows our build up play down a lot. He's still a long way from match sharpness and I thought some of his defending was quite reactionary, like he was a bit slow to see danger and then had to make covering challenges rather than cut things out earlier.

As a 4th choice CB I think he was brilliant. As a 1st choice CB and captain, he's got quite a way to go before he's anywhere near his best and he's got to catch up almost 2 seasons worth of practice playing out of the back, being important in the build up and spreading the ball quickly.

Personally I'm just happy to see him on the pitch whenever he makes it on these days. He's been such a big part of the club for so long that I'm glad he played in the CL for the first time and if we go on to win it he can say he was part of that, because he deserves to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.