Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

No-one else would have scored the 3rd goal, he does it week in week out and on top of that his work rate, touch and link play was tonight outstanding. We are lucky to have seen this guy for so long....

Back to his best at the moment. What a goal that was last night to go with the last of his 4 on Saturday.

His goals are beyond dispute, but for this current City team to move forward to the next level, he can't be the main man anymore.

He likes being the No.1, that's what he has come to expect for his seven years here, but it can no longer be the case.

I doubt he would accept being a squad player but Jesus, while not being as prolific, makes the entire team greater than the sum of its parts on every level, in terms of knowing when and where to press, which makes the entire forward line absolutely more potent in terms of the chances it is able to create, and suffocating teams even more.

Sergio has attempted to adapt but it's clear he doesn't have the intelligence to do what Pep clearly wants, which is no slight on him, but makes me very excited at how incredible Jesus is already, in terms of his tactical maturity and selflessness for someone so young.

Guardiola's mantra is about the collective and Sergio's game has to be about greed,like all predatory forwards, as when he's not scoring, he's not offering enough anywhere else.

Understandably, most would scoff when I would argue that Sergio wasn't even that great against Leicester despite scoring "only" four goals.

His goals are beyond dispute, but for this current City team to move forward to the next level, he can't be the main man anymore.

He likes being the No.1, that's what he has come to expect for his seven years here, but it can no longer be the case.

I doubt he would accept being a squad player but Jesus, while not being as prolific, makes the entire team greater than the sum of its parts on every level, in terms of knowing when and where to press, which makes the entire forward line absolutely more potent in terms of the chances it is able to create, and suffocating teams even more.

Sergio has attempted to adapt but it's clear he doesn't have the intelligence to do what Pep clearly wants, which is no slight on him, but makes me very excited at how incredible Jesus is already, in terms of his tactical maturity and selflessness for someone so young.

Guardiola's mantra is about the collective and Sergio's game has to be about greed,like all predatory forwards, as when he's not scoring, he's not offering enough anywhere else.

Understandably, most would scoff when I would argue that Sergio wasn't even that great against Leicester despite scoring "only" four goals.

What a load of utter bollocks. Better goals per minute than Harry Kane. He's world class but has lost a yard of pace. Big deal

What a load of utter bollocks. Better goals per minute than Harry Kane. He's world class but has lost a yard of pace. Big deal

Where did I mention Sergio's pace? Jesus is hardly Usain Bolt, either.

Harry Kane probably couldn't do what Jesus does for the team.

Same people mocked Pep for saying Joe Hart wasn't up to it. Hart can make saves, probably as many as Ederson, and certainly more than Bravo.

What Joe couldn't give is everything else Ederson brings to the team dynamic.

Same reason we struggle with Vinny in the backline, in terms of the effectiveness of how the team functions at its best.

LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.