Ryan Mason (Forced to retire)

When players are criticised for their remuneration , they often reply that its a short career , well Ryan Mason's is a prime example of a short career , hope he finds happiness in what ever he decides to do , and Spuds and Hull can give him a well deserved testimonial.

In some high impact sports like rugby and gridiron the careers of players are cut short frequently. Thankfully it doesn’t happen that much in footy, but still sad to see when it does.

Sad news, hope he goes on to be successful in whichever career he pursues. Fair play to Petr Cech too, seems like a good guy:

Mason revealed how he had been in contact with Cech during an interview given to talkSPORT last October.

"Straight away, he contacted my family, my fiancée and just sort of reassured us that what we were going through was sort of normal and to be expected: not being able to talk, struggling with the light and everything like that," Mason told Jim White.

"As soon as I got a bit more strength I was keen to see him because he said 'as soon as you're ready, I'd like to come round and speak to you'.

"I was a bit worried at first because I hadn't really spoken to anyone longer than 10 minutes. He walked through the door and sat on my sofa and just said: 'sit back, don't say anything, just listen'.

"He spoke for about an hour and a half. I didn't say anything, he just spoke. It was brilliant.

"It just reassured us that everything we were going through was part of the process of recovery and we've been in touch ever since.

"He's been fantastic. He's kind of set the standard of what it is to be a proper man and a gentleman.

"I'm hoping no one ever does go through that sort of injury again in sports, but if they do go through something similar, I'll be there like Petr was for me."

Eye on the ball........

MAIN-Ryan-Mason-and-Gary-Cahill-clash-off-heads.jpg
fuck me, where was the ball that looks like an all out assault

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.