The Hindsight Transfer Thread

Charlie Adam instead of Agüero.

Nah, nobody could actually take that seriously...

Depay instead of Sterling.
Matic instead of Delph.
Darmian instead of Walker.
Martial instead of De Bruyne.
Schneiderlin instead of Otamendi.
Bailly instead of Stones.
Lukaku instead of Jesus.
Pogba instead of Gundogan.
Mkhitaryan instead of Sane.
Lindelof instead of Laporte.
Sanchez instead of Bernardo.

Jose instead of Pep

Oh wait...

Hazard instead of Sinclair is the obvious one.

van Persie instead of whoever it was we got instead.

Keep Barry or Nige another season instead of buying Fernando, then buy Fabregas.

Keep Hart instead of buying Bravo. Though it's worked out ok now with us getting Eddie!

Diego Costa instead of Bony.

Just don't buy Mangala.

I think this exercise isn't realistic. It has to be players who were willing to come to us and we ignored and bought a player who wasnt as good instead.

So Dybala instead of Bony might be a legitimate one.

Hazard, Isco, Sanchez (1st time) simply aren't legitimate. Coz we tried and they chose other options.

Then there were just brain farths like paying Athletico for Demichelis (who they had just signed on a free) while they turned around and used that money to get Alderweireld for 5 million. God that was so dumb on our part.

I think this exercise isn't realistic. It has to be players who were willing to come to us and we ignored and bought a player who wasnt as good instead.

So Dybala instead of Bony might be a legitimate one.

Hazard, Isco, Sanchez (1st time) simply aren't legitimate. Coz we tried and they chose other options.

Then there were just brain farths like paying Athletico for Demichelis (who they had just signed on a free) while they turned around and used that money to get Alderweireld for 5 million. God that was so dumb on our part.
I think the Hazard one was a decision not to pay his agent rather than just his decision.
Whereas the result of getting Demichelis rather than Alderweireld ( we actually paid about £3.5M) might be unfortunate I don't think it was a brain fart necessarily we wanted a cheap experienced back up who could fill in, we still had Nastasic, Kompany and Lescott. As it was Demichelis played very well and helped us to the title Alderweireld was still learning and ended up being loaned out though he turned out very well just not for Athletico.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.