Formation.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
Mod's please merge if required.

I have been thinking about this for a while now, Pep has assembled an outstandingly versatile squad and we now have so many options available. Although it is generally accepted that Pep changes his tactics depending on the opposition he does also appear to be quite ridged in his principles. Add to this that Pep will look to progress and refine our playing style.
So my thought is given our squad today and assuming everyone was fully fit and in form how would you see us lining up?

My main thought is regarding Mendy as he has been seen as a crucial but missing element.

Would Pep still go with 4 at the back or maybe a 5 with the fullbacks bombing on,

Walker-------Otto-------Laporte-----Mendy
Leaving 6 midfield / forward positions.

Or

---------Stones------Otto-----Laporte--------
Walker-----------------------------------Mendy
Leaving 5 Midfield / forward positions.

If he went with the 5 at the back option then how do we fit KDB, Sane, Silva, Bernardo, Gundo, Ferny in behind a front man or possibly a front Duo.

I have been thinking about this for a while now, Pep has assembled an outstandingly versatile squad and we now have so many options available. Although it is generally accepted that Pep changes his tactics depending on the opposition he does also appear to be quite ridged in his principles. Add to this that Pep will look to progress and refine our playing style.
So my thought is given our squad today and assuming everyone was fully fit and in form how would you see us lining up?

My main thought is regarding Mendy as he has been seen as a crucial but missing element.

Would Pep still go with 4 at the back or maybe a 5 with the fullbacks bombing on,

Or

If he went with the 5 at the back option then how do we fit KDB, Sane, Silva, Bernardo, Gundo, Ferny in behind a front man or possibly a front Duo.

I think Bernardo as a false 9. So you have Otamendi and Laporte at the back. Mendy and walker as full backs Gundogan/Fernandihno as the pivot with KDB and David Silva in midfield. Bernardo as a false 9 with Jesus cutting in from left and Sane coming in from the right.

Or

I think we’ll revert to a back 3/5 against the better teams when Mendy is fit next season, especially now we have Laporte. It allows us to play four central midfielders (2+2 or diamond) to control the game, gives us more protection against counters and allows us the option to go with two strikers if we need to change the game.

He won’t go three at the back. It was just something he tried out a couple of times. Did it a few times at Bayern n’all.

It takes out an attacking player and fills that gap with a lesser footballer. He won’t want that.

He’s found the right balance now and Mendy will just slot straight in where Delph and Zinchenko have played. Adding another centre half to take away a passing or attacking midfielder is barmy talk

He won’t go three at the back. It was just something he tried out a couple of times. Did it a few times at Bayern n’all.

It takes out an attacking player and fills that gap with a lesser footballer. He won’t want that.

He’s found the right balance now and Mendy will just slot straight in where Delph and Zinchenko have played. Adding another centre half to take away a passing or attacking midfielder is barmy talk

I’ll think you’ll be surprised when Mendy gets match fit again. We will see 3 at the back quite regularly.

What about;-

-------------Goalkeeper---------------
9 other players on the 18 yard line
----------------gap---------------------
--------Tall centre forward----------

or am I thinking of a different team from this area?

Does Pep not like the denfensive midfielder to drop into a CB when the full back is pushed up?

I assume he'll want one CB to push into midfield when we have the ball too in that case to give a man advantage.

3 at the back just means we'll defend deeper, can't see that happening.

He's talked about not being able to play Sergio and Jesus together because Mendy hasn't been available. I can see a back three of Stones, Laporte and Otamendi. Mendy and Walker providing the width. Fredinho at the base of midfield and Silva and KDB ahead with Sergio and Jesus uptop. Gundo and Silva rotate in the middle and the front two are made up of Kun, Jesus, Sane and Sterling.

Plenty of flexibility there. One of the back three move into midfield which can push everyone else up so you can work the overloads. Or then Fredinho can cover behind the fullbacks kind of like how Barry used to

What about;-

-------------Goalkeeper---------------
9 other players on the 18 yard line
--------Tall centre forward----------

or am I thinking of a different team from this area?
Are they all brothers in midfield?

With Delph having a rest for 3 games now, and the next 3 games being Arsenal, Arsenal and Chelsea, we need to do somthing that we haven't had the chance to do this season and that is to play Laporte at Left Back. This will give us the opportunity to go 3 at the back at any point in a game and deploy two strikers up front - somthing that Pep likes to do but hasn't really had the personnel to deliver before now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.