Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. Came off as saying they should get more chances but that’s not what I meant. Diaz and Foden are both on a natural progression. They are still very young but are getting valuable minutes in the first team.

Having Maffeo back and playing often would just strengthen our position in terms of believing in youth is what I meant and would further motivate the likes of Diaz, Foden, Angeliño and Tosin.
No worries

They’ve trained with the first team from start of the season so they are first team players just easing them in don’t forget they are 17 and 18 year olds name me another team that has a 17 and an 18 year old on there benches and bringing them on in a premier game!?
Gary Neville could name you hundreds

Yep, good positive piece. I've not watched him at all this season, so I'd be interested to know how good you reckon he's become (assuming you have been watching him)? He always struck me as reasonably accomplished technically as a youngster, but perhaps a bit one paced?

Great from the 10 or so games I've seen, and he's actually pretty quick, kept pace with Ronaldo + Marcelo easily in the famous win in October. Not Walker pace, but not slow by any means, and he's got endurance, he'll bomb up and down his flank for the full 90.

He's always been a very natural defender 1v1 and when it comes to cutting out balls into the box, this season I think his positioning has improved a lot, as has his decision making with when to go forwards and when to stay back.

He's definitely good enough. He's got a nice eye for a pass too, I think that could be really developed under Pep.

Great from the 10 or so games I've seen, and he's actually pretty quick, kept pace with Ronaldo + Marcelo easily in the famous win in October. Not Walker pace, but not slow by any means, and he's got endurance, he'll bomb up and down his flank for the full 90.

He's always been a very natural defender 1v1 and when it comes to cutting out balls into the box, this season I think his positioning has improved a lot, as has his decision making with when to go forwards and when to stay back.

He's definitely good enough. He's got a nice eye for a pass too, I think that could be really developed under Pep.

Excellent. Always good to have a home grown option in the reckoning. Frees up an overseas slot potentially.....

Yep, good positive piece. I've not watched him at all this season, so I'd be interested to know how good you reckon he's become (assuming you have been watching him)? He always struck me as reasonably accomplished technically as a youngster, but perhaps a bit one paced?
Better than Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.