Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was brilliant for our second goal yesterday - up there with Charvet and Frontzeck

I'm not trying to say he's bad because he certainly isn't but he's been massively overhyped all season. Every time I watch him play, he gets away with making so many mistakes and that won't happen at a big club.

One standout example I can think of was the game against Liverpool in December. Salah was absolutely toying with him for ninety minutes but, when Salah got the winner in the second half by completely out-muscling Maguire, the commentator decided that it was the first time Harry had slipped up all game.

Like I said, he's not bad by any means, but putting up with minimal scrutiny in a defensive and low expectation team like Leicester is about three solar systems away from being able to successfully translate that into an attacking, high line system where trophies are demanded and every single move you make will be impossibly overanalysed by fans and media personnel who currently seem all too willing to airbrush the flaws of an underdog player.

Plus, he looks like a dairy farmer and probably won't sell many shirts.

Funny how a few took the piss when I mentioned this lad. I am not certain he is a City type player more an old school centre back with a footballing brain. Though with Peps input that could of course change as we have seen. I do think unless Newcastle are bought he will be away to a big six side next season. My bet would be Chelsea as he would be the closest thing they could get to a Jon Terry replacement. Would love to see him here though as I reckon he is going to be a top player and will captain England and a top six side before very long. Fucking hard lad as well.

Funny how a few took the piss when I mentioned this lad. I am not certain he is a City type player more an old school centre back with a footballing brain. Though with Peps input that could of course change as we have seen. I do think unless Newcastle are bought he will be away to a big six side next season. My bet would be Chelsea as he would be the closest thing they could get to a Jon Terry replacement. Would love to see him here though as I reckon he is going to be a top player and will captain England and a top six side before very long. Fucking hard lad as well.
Yeah, i'm not sure he'd be a good fit here but he's a very good CB and his performances for Newcastle mean, for me, he should be going to the World Cup.

Yeah, i'm not sure he'd be a good fit here but he's a very good CB and his performances for Newcastle mean, for me, he should be going to the World Cup.

Without a doubt, He would have the England team ready to kill for a point or three. Newcastle dont get points if he doesnt play and if they stay up he as well as Benitez will be responsible for having performed a minor miracle. I really hope he doesnt end up at the rags because I like him and want to enjoy following his progress. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.