Earliest European kickoff

Damocles

Administrator
Small question. In the news today is that UEFA have plans to move the CL kick off times to 5.55pm and 8pm like the Europa League.

Got me thinking, what was the earliest midweek kick off time we've had?

I sort of half remember us playing at about 4 o'clock one day, in the Groclin/TNS type of era. Anyone recall this?

Coventry in the power strikes, had to bunk off school.

Edit....would have been good to read the title of the thread rather than just the post.

Last edited:
Presumably thinking of enhancing the experience for fans by having kick offs that early. Taking a leaf from sky and bts books

We kicked off at 5pm in the Uefa cup in 2011 i think, I want to say against Aris but might have been someone else.

For some reason we had to play the game on the same night as the Champions League games & Uefa didn't wanting the TV coverage clashing so we had start at 5pm.

I remember going to a home game in the Europa at around 5pm. Was it Porto?

Nothing beats the 11am kick off against Everton albeit it at the weekend

Didn't we play AC Milan in the midweek afternoon because of the weather the night before?
Yes @ 1978. The night before fog was too thick for the game to be played so played the day after 1.30 local time. Remember trying to listen to a report on the radio. If memory serves drew 2-2 and won the second leg 3-0

Yes @ 1978. The night before fog was too thick for the game to be played so played the day after 1.30 local time. Remember trying to listen to a report on the radio. If memory serves drew 2-2 and won the second leg 3-0
That's the earliest I remember, 2-0 up as well, AC hadn't lost a home European tie at that point iirc, and then, the ref stepped in and evened things up, how times have changed, not, we still smashed them in the return, Asa scoring a cracker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.