Bobby Duncan

He hasn’t gone there though, has he? Free agent I believe. Seems a weird one.
Liverpool have transfer ban on young players at the moment, when he turns 17 they will sign him I imagine.

Would have liked to have him at City but when Gerrard is your cousin and you're from there, there is most likely going to be some affinity to Liverpool, think of the PR from a Liverpool perspective too it writes itself.

How many years did he spend at our academy can anyone say? I wonder if they will give City any credit for his development or try and claim him as one of their own as they did with Raheem Sterling.

Last edited:
Liverpool have transfer ban on young players at the moment, when he turns 17 they will sign him I imagine.

Would have liked to have him at City but when Gerrard is your cousin and you're from there is most likely going to be some affinity to Liverpool, think of the PR from a Liverpool perspective, too it writes itself.

How many years did he spend at our academy can anyone say? I wonder if they will give City any credit for his development or try and claim him as one of their own as they did with Raheem Sterling.

I think I remember reading that we took him from Wigan. So I don't think he was at MCFC for much longer than a few years.

I'm sure we'll take zero credit and he'll take joy in talking about his blocked pathway, and how moving to Liverpool will improve his chances of a career, etc.

I think he is still officially our player, just hasn't played a game all season (except internationals). He turns 17 in June so he can sign for whoever he likes then. Bit weird that he has basically written off a year of his career just to force a move, if that is indeed the case.

I'm actually not sure if he's still officially a City player. When he was named in the lastest England U17 Squad he had ' Unattached ' next to his name.

I'm actually not sure if he's still officially a City player. When he was named in the lastest England U17 Squad he had ' Unattached ' next to his name.
As far as I know, players sign a 2 year 'contract' at 14 and sign their scholarship at 16, I think he's not actually a City player anymore and could go anywhere he wants except for Liverpool due to their ban but will likely sign for them when he turns 17.

As far as I know, players sign a 2 year 'contract' at 14 and sign their scholarship at 16, I think he's not actually a City player anymore and could go anywhere he wants except for Liverpool due to their ban but will likely sign for them when he turns 17.
Laughably Liverpool got their ban for poaching players from other Academies, yet here they are clearly doing it again with Duncan.

But let the handwringers blame City for not playing yoof

I think I remember reading that we took him from Wigan. So I don't think he was at MCFC for much longer than a few years.

I'm sure we'll take zero credit and he'll take joy in talking about his blocked pathway, and how moving to Liverpool will improve his chances of a career, etc.

Duncan's been here since he was 10, so very much our product

bobby duncan blah.. Liverpool get banned from youth signings - what happens - youth player sits out a year - big money sent his way.

We just signed that lad from la Nadia for minimal compensation. Shit happens, not the end of the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.